World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fancy getting up relatively early and fishing till i have to be back for son looking after duties at 8am,Maybe around 4am be on the beach.
Any recommendations in the area.
Went to shoreham arm on wednesday daytime,got soaked and got a small bass,weed wasnt too bad at all.
Hows it been clearing today?
Got fresh dug lug and frozen mack.
Any macks around the last couple of days?

Thanks.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
I fancy getting up relatively early and fishing till i have to be back for son looking after duties at 8am,Maybe around 4am be on the beach.
Any recommendations in the area.
Went to shoreham arm on wednesday daytime,got soaked and got a small bass,weed wasnt too bad at all.
Hows it been clearing today?
Got fresh dug lug and frozen mack.
Any macks around the last couple of days?

Thanks.

Got any poppers? A friend of mine had some good action this evening on them. First light could be even better. MOst of the beaches will see you in with a chance, if there isnt too much disturbance. Working any obstructions entering the watr, or even better submerged, will increase your chances.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Robin.
Nah havent got any of those in my box,got a dexter,not really thought about lure fishing etc since i began sea fishing last aug,does sound fun though,travelling light etc.

Some bass around then i guess?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
makemineadouble.

You sound like a sniper having it all planned out perfectly,hope you get your kill.(i mean fish).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Rob

Kind of interested in if its worth a session in such low tides. Was thinking of fishing a few hours either side of High Sunday evening at Southwick beach. Wind will have dropped a bit. Not sure what bait I will have yet, probably some black lug and hopefully a few crabs but will plug/lure a bit at dusk

I presume it's weed free but will it be fish free too?

thanks

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Hi Rob

Kind of interested in if its worth a session in such low tides. Was thinking of fishing a few hours either side of High Sunday evening at Southwick beach. Wind will have dropped a bit. Not sure what bait I will have yet, probably some black lug and hopefully a few crabs but will plug/lure a bit at dusk

I presume it's weed free but will it be fish free too?

thanks
My same mate went back this morning, a 7lb plus 3 others over 3lb on poppers. If there is a reason for the fish to be there, they will be regardless of the tides, although the consistent results do tend to come on the bigger tides. I would say give it a go. Better than watching the rain fall on the window, experiencing the rain down the back of your neck.......:wiggle:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats a results,must get some poppers(the fishing kind that is).

I reckon the other poppers will be all sold out this weekend!

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,035 Posts
hi rob, u had any luck lately?? still no july diary??? i'll be southwick tomoz nite mr whisperer so if you have any news please let me know.... good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure I fancy combing the two. I think a 7lber+ would be getting my blood pumping enough. Still, if nothing was doing by HT and I had ran out of beer...

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Thats a results,must get some poppers(the fishing kind that is).

I reckon the other poppers will be all sold out this weekend!
Theyve got to have something to do in the rain.......

hi rob, u had any luck lately?? still no july diary??? i'll be southwick tomoz nite mr whisperer so if you have any news please let me know.... good luck
Thick Lipped mullet today on the river, but I havent found a bass over a pound since I got back to Czech. The weed hit my marks hard. Weed free now though, so hopefull with the bigger tides next week. I too will be stocking up on poppers of the plastic variety..........:fish:

July diary in progress. Probably publish tomorrow night.

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,035 Posts
have you been to southwick? theres been a few there.. not massive but they were there... dont know whats happening with the weed, 1 day its ok and fishable and the next its back again so i've given up asking about it and just hope i'm lucky when i get there.... no pm's?!?!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Think i may try southwick early tomorrow,see if anything wants my mack or lug,havent got time to get any poppers now and cant really afford to but any at the mo anyway,sure my mate will lend me some anyway.
Where is the best place to park near there,prob one of the side streets near the port authority or there is a public car park along there isnt there nr carrotts

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,035 Posts
yeah theres few places to park up there.. half way up near the noddy beach( dont mess around with your interior light if its dark otherwise u might get those poppers after all!!) or next to carrats.. from my experince beaches b4 carrats fish better but thats just imo..

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,035 Posts
yeah...... more gulleys, structures etc i think.. that i have noticed as i fish there mainly at low water.. most of the time i fish between the old and new pipe.. and have done so at high as well and its fished ok... set up either side of the rock groynes depending on the wind etc

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will probably try there tomorrow then,sounds like it would be worth a bash,a new place for me aswell.
Try and get there around 5,low will have been at 3:30 and see how it goes may try a bit of spinning with a dexter,you never know.
Hope this bass spot works for me,wish me luck...

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,035 Posts
good luck mate, its a great stretch of beach to fish for bass at low water ( just look at the pic of fishyrob in seaangler!) if you could get there a couple of hours earlier then i would if i was you..... whatever happens i don't think this will be your last trip there...... especially if you ever pop down for a early morning tide you can then go in carrats for a breakfast afterwards......... fishing then a fryup wooohoooo.. tides are not that great but you've got to be in it to win it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea i know the tides arent the best but as you say,in it etc etc.
Ive seen the pics of robin and the bass on that stretch,brilliant fish.
I was up early today fishing thats why im going slightly later tomorrow,im off work all next week and the tides will be better so im sure i will head there again.
Oh yea didnt really think about a brekkie afterwards,mmm can taste the bacon now.
Right i guess id best get some sleep now,i may just set the alarm for a bit earlier and catch the tide at low.

Report back tomorrow at some point.
Thanks for all the info.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts