World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am planning a bassing session on Saturday night and fishing over high on sunday morning. Probably on the reef or Brighton east arm.

I live quite far from the coast, can anybody tell me what weed situation is over the high water along that stretch please. I know it will vary, however, is it going to be fishable?

I appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Thanks chaps.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fished East Arm Brighton Thursday night from low to high.
HW was at 02.20,light breeze,NO WEED until top of the tide,then not much,Weed that was a pain in the ---- for the past month or so seems to have cleared.

Spring Tide of 7.1 Metres became unfishable for about 20 mins.

Fantastic light show from meteor shower,just as well we had something to watch as the fishing was pretty dire and only a couple of undersize schoolies were caught.

Sea was near flat calm,NO SURF.

Nothing on large baits and not much on small ones either.

adie
SAS 0169

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback Adie it is very helpful. Good news about the weed, not so good news about the fish.

Looks like i'll be out tonight then. Would be a bonus to get a clear night and see some more of the meteor shower.

·
Registered
701 Posts
my plan was similar to yours but pink pass revoked so am now gonna head down southwick for low this evening and plug the hottie.... weed has been ok, there is some around but fishable.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Hi Tricky, I fished the marina last night, see my report for details, it was very fishable indeed. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Regards
Richard

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback chaps. All sounding very positive for tonight then both on the fish and the weed front.

Just need to decide where now .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts