World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.

has anyone used the savage gear artificial sandeels?

anyone found a preference to colours and / or sizes?

i'm thinking the pearl and sandeel colours look pretty good.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
tried all sorts of eels in ireland , the silver ones worked best , but cant beat frozen or fresh !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
Decent lures but i personally prefer sidewinder lures & there cheaper but that's not the reason i prefer them, they came in a variety of sizes & colours & in around 8 weeks they will have a new range that rattle

·
Banned
8,293 Posts
That's the best advice on the colour I got of loads using them, but I used Redgill.

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
Depends what your fishing for, rhubarb/ custard are my favourite but they are all good including red gill, but to be honest one day the fish will like that colour the next day they won't touch it so your better getting a small verity of different colours & sizes, i guess you could buy a pack of each make & find your own favourite

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i already have wallets full of gills of all sizes and colours, usually takes me longer to decide which one to use than get to the fishing spot.

the only reason i'm looking at these (mainly due to the price) is that i'm hoping to do a bit of bass fishing while drifting on a kayak this year. the water is reasonably shallow and the tide doesn't run that quick, so was hoping to bounce and troll some lures if i can't get any live bait.

these are the most life like looking lead heads that i've seen, i think i could present and work these better than a gill, boom and weight.

·
Registered
51 Posts
12.5cm eels would probably be big enough in those conditions as for colour it can vary what works in different areas i do well with sandeel and dirty silver but never had much on pearl around here, big hammer shads are worth a try too and much cheaper!

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
The good old fashioned redgill with no lead freelined 50 yds behind a moving yak will get fish in shallow water.
May be usefull when you are moving from one leadhead casting mark to another .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts