World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at one of these - I’m not hugely into lures yet, this was my first season. Seams this bag might be ideal for someone to carry their gear down onto the rocks, keeping it light etc but with enough room for all the essentials

anyone used/ using one? Anyone have an opinion or see any short comings
Thanks for your time

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Lot of guys use military style or tactical backpacks and sling bags. they seem to have more pockets and importantly webbing to hang stuff off. There are some really expensive ones around, but if your not sure and want to try one for a season then. If you google tactical sling bags loads come up. Reasonable prices to

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Jesus there’s loads of em! Thanks very much great tip
if you only using for a season to see if you get on with them the zips and material will probably last. If you decide to go for it as a regular option then go for something decent. Maxpedition are pretty good, but pretty expensive. I have seen them a fair bit cheaper if you shop around, but gives you an idea about pockets and capacity etc. I can carry lures, ( I put a few of them together in these. There are cheaper available) spare spools, and all the accessories you can think of and a flask as well. Hang scissors, knife, disgorgers and other stuff on the outside.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So these are an alternative to the ‘ziplock’ type trace wallets

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
So these are an alternative to the ‘ziplock’ type trace wallets
for me yes. They are Velcro on three sides and I can usually stick three lures in each one. I use them when I fish abroad and don’t have the luxury of a big lure box. Then the 15cm lures go in individually and i use a drysac and throw everything I need in that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brilliant thanks for all your help with this, I’ve kinda got a clear picture now

·
Registered
217 Posts
Been looking at one of these - I’m not hugely into lures yet, this was my first season. Seams this bag might be ideal for someone to carry their gear down onto the rocks, keeping it light etc but with enough room for all the essentials

anyone used/ using one? Anyone have an opinion or see any short comings
Thanks for your time
I didn't want to spend much money before I found what worked for me, but this has done well for a season's good use:US $13.62 53% OFF|ilure Fishing Bag Waterproof Canvas Fishing Rod Cover Bag Large Capacity Fishing Reel Lure Backpack Outdoor Shoulder Bags Box|Fishing Bags| - AliExpress
Not much more on Amazon either, if you can't wait. Zips have stayed good, in fact it's really tough and fits two lure boxes, my metals box and bits and pieces. I will probably use it next season too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I seen that one amongst them and wondered on sizing, thanks for that

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
AliExpress is a contradiction. I waited 4 months for something I ordered.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
I use a sling bag but not the savage gear one. I got one off ebay by i think .... ilure.... Not expencive and perfect for the job. Loads of storage and hanging areas. the main compartment fits a 10in double sded lure box in perfectly plus theres other internal pockets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts