World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi went to the SBS yesterday for a wander around, it was reasonably busy for a Thurs.
Was impressed by the "Blackwater Motor Yacht Companys" Sportfisher. Very nice package and a decent size to.
Was also impressed by the Arvor 28 altho i dont think it will look good for long as the quality of fittings and general overall finish was not upto Orkney/Mitchell/ UK built boat standards IMO.

Still enjoyed the show, steered clear of the "Gin Palaces" and Yachts as they do nothing for me whatso-ever. Was hoping to see a Cat but will prob have to wait for the Workboat show to see them.

Overall well worth going. Rob

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
The Karnic also caught my eye as a nice family boat - nice accommodation for the size with a cockpit that would also be practical for fishing. Also liked the look and the value of the Atlantis 26 and will be interested to see the forthcoming cabin version.

I would never want a gin palace either even if I had the money but I do enjoy seeing the 'excess' of some of them and narrowly missed a chance to blag a look round that Sunseeker that had the sun balcony that hinges out of the side of the hull.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yeah, that Arvor 280 looked a fine boat :love:, the owner must be very proud.

I thought the Sportfisher was superb, lots of improvements since the SeaFlyte/prototype shown at the London show earlier in the year. Only thing I wasn't so keen on is 1) I would prefer shafts and 2) I didn't like the price listed as £99.5K and then things like trim tabs, electric winch as extras, would much rather see £105K and that sort of thing as standard.

I see what you are saying with the quality of the fittings, however the Mitchell's, Orkneys, Offshore's, Evolutions etc. are a much more rugged/work/commercial boat - my wife loves the luxuries on the Arvor (for a fishing boat), but the Offshore/Evolution et als just look more "work boat" and less "homely" - if you know what I mean.

I guess it is horses for courses - I wanted something that can do hard core fishing, yet have all the luxeries for a weekend/week away in Weymouth/Brighton/Yarmouth/Alderney etc.

Interestingly, the guy from Blackwater yachts had nothing but praise for the Arvor 280 (and no, he didn't know it was mine).

The thing I loved about the Sportfisher was the mix - that rear cockpit was so spacious and "commercial", yet that forward cabin was exceptionaly homely - a VERY nice boat indeed. I hope he does well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.