World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
( because of the nature of the area we fish this should only apply to Pier/boat fishing)
As we all know this time of year is very slow. So, why dont you enjoy the sport with the fish that are available "Doggies". I always hear everyone decrying the poor dogfish. It is a matter of fact that they are there and ther is little anyone can do to avoid them so why dont you all use this time of year to hone your fish fighting skills and actually target doggies.
I have fished for doggies on tackle not much stronger that the holiday rods you can buy in pound shops, and had a great days fun using nothing more than 3-5LB line, 1 oz weight, tiny fixed spool and a 6 foot holiday rod.
So go on give the doggy a chance , you may be suprised.
PB
:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
My first sea fishing attempt i caught 13 dogfish 2 one day and 11 the next I was chuffed to bits. Most were 1 - 1.5 lb but best one was 2 1/4 lb :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
I,ve fished for doggies b4 with a carp set up .8lb line ,simple paternoster and 2oz lead.Like you said great fun.

·
Registered
822 Posts
i caught my first doggie the other day, great fun, caught loads since, aslong as im catching stuff i don't care what it is, there's always bigger and better ones out there

bring on the bass!!!

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Hi
( because of the nature of the area we fish this should only apply to Pier/boat fishing)
As we all know this time of year is very slow. So, why dont you enjoy the sport with the fish that are available "Doggies". I always hear everyone decrying the poor dogfish. It is a matter of fact that they are there and ther is little anyone can do to avoid them so why dont you all use this time of year to hone your fish fighting skills and actually target doggies.
I have fished for doggies on tackle not much stronger that the holiday rods you can buy in pound shops, and had a great days fun using nothing more than 3-5LB line, 1 oz weight, tiny fixed spool and a 6 foot holiday rod.
So go on give the doggy a chance , you may be suprised.
PB
:)
Pandabear a wonderful idea, you scale down your tackle & target doggies for sport, you have my permission & blessing to catch my share as well, I shall send a message to all the growlers intending to chomp my bait, that there is a person up channel who welcomes them, so to get their arse in gear, & move along please.:yeah:
blueskip
PS can I do the same with the rays, hounds as well?:whistling:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts