World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of getting a new set of scales and would like to know what people recommend buying? They are for beach use so I don't want nothing massive!

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't really thought about that! Guess I will think about that when I see what my money can get me.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Very drole! I posted a similar thread in the week and did not get much of a responce mate. I think i am going to get the Berklet 65lb digital scales from my local shop for £20 as they look pretty good and seem a fair price. other than that i have only looked at the rapalas, the scales which the carp lads use seem very expensive to me and i certainly wont be using a pair of Reuben Heatons in a sea fishing environment.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Im thinking of getting a new set of scales and would like to know what people recommend buying? They are for beach use so I don't want nothing massive!
Bought a first class set two weeks ago....

Salter Brecknell electrosamson-digital hand held.....£35 delivered...

the ones that veals sell for £79.99...

Go to ebay type in Salter Brecknell fishing scales (sorry not clever enough to make it a blue click link thingy ) must learn that one.:secret:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
There are a number on askari's web site I went for the cormoran digital ones. They are compact and accurate. I also have mustards spring scales and those are good too - accurate and go to 50lbs. Those came from veals and are under £10. I usually use those for testing knots and line. As to ebay it always pays to search well for what ever is on offer there. It's not unusual to find the same thing some where else for a lot less - at other times things can be a good buy but it's always worth checking.

John

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
hot wad to add a link (blue text) pull the mouse cursor over the website address right click and the select 'copu' from the menu bar. To paste it into a thread press 'ctrl' and 'v' at the same time or click the right-hand mouse button and select 'paste' from the menu toolbar. easy when you know how mate!:)

sorry no idea what that means...only bought computer 4 months ago and am clueless about that sort of stuff....need to be shown.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
i use avon scales , they go up to 40 lbs and are in a plastic wallet , around 6 " high and 4" across , they cost me 34quid 8 years ago , not sure how much they are now though
cuberd

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
these are the same as the ones i got from flea bay art no. 180116251763 seem pretty accurate as long as you remember to set them to zero every time you are about to weigh a fish. They are compact and easily fit in your pocket.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
i use avon scales , they go up to 40 lbs and are in a plastic wallet , around 6 " high and 4" across , they cost me 34quid 8 years ago , not sure how much they are now though
cuberd
I use these too, very accurate and easy to read :fish:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
hot wad PM me if you have any more queries on the I.T. unfortunately some of us have to work on computers 8 hours a day and have to maintain them! See its easy when you are shown mate!:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts