World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one give me any help with any tackel or baite tips going fishing 6-8-05 never fished this area befor thanks and hello to every one on line

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi there
At the moment the Brigg at Filey is fishing really well depending on what you are targeting there are different methods here. Try spinning with a set of feathers above your your spinner this is good for pollack and mackeral. If your going to bottom fish then the killer bait at the moment must be crab. All the cod I am catching at the moment are full of crab.
I have a boat out of Scarborough and you would of been welcome to join me on that one day but I am on holiday myself that week in Portugal. If you like boat fishing try the Skylark from Scarborough he leaves from where the speedboats are. He's very good with the marks and extremely friendly and helpful.

Any more advice needed give me a shout

Regards

Balleeko

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that Balleeko the last time i when to scarborough i could not get on a boat so i whent in to brid on the breake warter wall i did quite well of mackerel strip & rag got plenty of flaties 7 whiteing & 2 ells but no cod that was about 5 weeks ago we go camping most week ends so get to do quite alot of fishing around the coasts. so thanks for the offer may be another time....... The lady wife said we might even go to that neck of the wood this week end ..... thanks mr40rose

·
Registered
29 Posts
:) :)
Hi there, mr40rose.
If you are going camping near Brid. Give Frank a call on
07957915725. He is the owner and skipper of " HEIDI" "J"
One of the best skippers in harbour. If you do get in touch with him, tell him
he was recommended by the skipper of "SEA-GEM" LOL. LOL

Fishing is extremely good at the mo.
My mate went out last week for 5 hours. 16 stone of cod, 576 mackerel
plus some dabs, hard work, eh ??

Frank will look after you, trust me. Known him for 10 years, used to go with him before I got my own boats. Anyway, let me know how your fishing trip went on.

Take care and thight lines !!!!

"SEA-GEM2

·
Registered
6,973 Posts

Who the hell counted that lot? :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
paid4tackledealersroller said:

Who the hell counted that lot? :)
LOL. LOL.
There was three of them, and they didn't feel very fit the following day, lol
If I was out there with them, I wouldn't bother counting them. Just hook 4 or 5
on your rig each drop. Hard work for a poor fisherman, lol.
I am a non-serious fisherman, paid4tackledealersrollerrrrrrrrrrrrrssssss, lol
Keep up the good spirit!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Go see Marilyn at Castlefoot tackle shop in Scarborough it's towards the end opposite the Lunar Park. Ask her what you need and where to go, all the local anglers report to her so she knows. Brigg was looking more promising last night with some good sea on and I took three Codling 4lb 3oz, 2lb 6oz and one in the lip at about 1lb 6oz that went back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts