World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Balleeko here letting you know how the fishing was at the weekend. Well what can I say it was amazing!!! Went out Friday night for an hour and caught between three of us on the boat 25 cod to 5lb and 13 mackys - so the mackys are back!! Went again saturday and had 1 cod to 4lb 10, 15 whiting, 1 red gunyard, 1 flounder, 3 mackys, 1 small ling and a weaver fish (2 new species to my boat there!!)

Went out again Sunday up to burniston and hit the shoal cod again!!! Took 13 cod to 6lb and threw at least a dozen small ones back. Had a few mackys today 2 I think and still getting quite a lot of small whiting to about three quaters of a pound.

I was speaking to the skipper of the 'Skylark' who runs charter fishing trips from Scarborough and he had 26 cod and 38 pollack to 5lb on Sunday on a two hour trip fising just off North bay.

Well theres Scarborough most recent fishing report and what can I say apart from 'All's good'!!

Trevor

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hi Balleko
One or two good trips there mate, well done!! :)
I was in Scarborough on sunday for a day out with the family and I can tell you it was agony loading the car and NOT putting my fishing gear in.
Good to hear the mackies are back in.
What was the favoured bait of the day?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
helpimafish said:
thats great balleko as i live in scarborough my self wear did you fish when you caught your red gurnard
ITS ALL GOOD
Hi there Helpmifish!!

I caught the red gunyard about 4 miles off on a little mark I have for the whiting. It's a bit of rough ground where the lobster men have their pots quite often!! If you ever get your sea legs do come along one day if you live in Scarborough the sea is flat calm at the mo!! I'm out again tonight I think but definetly tommorrow fro a bit of dusk fishing!!

Regards

Trevor

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arctechnic said:
Hi Balleko
One or two good trips there mate, well done!! :)
I was in Scarborough on sunday for a day out with the family and I can tell you it was agony loading the car and NOT putting my fishing gear in.
Good to hear the mackies are back in.
What was the favoured bait of the day?
Hi there mate!!

Shame you wasn't fishing Sunday as it was a great day - there was fish everywhere!! We have been fishing with baited feathers all weekend tipped with fresh macky!! The cod we are catching are full of crab and small silver eels so I would suggest if your fishing to try these. If your ever local to Scarborough again and fancy a day on the boat give me a call as I usually have room. My number is 07884 497020 if you fancy a trip!!

I hope this helps!!

Trevor

·
Registered
155 Posts
cheers balleko if i ever get my sea legs on ill give ya a ring also im fishing on sunday with fresh soft crabs and lug so ill let you know how i get on
cheers helpimafish

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Thanks for the offer Balleko, that is very good of you.
I do most of my fishing out of Brid and tend to fish on the end of Flambro' Head or round at Bempton cliffs out of my father- in- laws boat.
Like you we also have a little whiting mark where school bass have recently shown up, taken on Daylight lures.
Unfortunately family holidays will keep me at shore for the next 2-3 weeks. Still aleast it is better than work.
Cheers
Arctechnic

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
helpimafish said:
also balleko if you dont mind me asking how bigs your boat
Hi there
The boat is 21ft long but she has a 11ft beam this making her very stable at sea. If you live in Scarborough take a walk down to the harbour she's still there in the east harbour just at the bottom of the yellow crane.
Went out Wendsday till 1.30am - had 74 whiting, 6 cod to 5lb, 24 pollack to 1lb and about a dozen or so mackys - it's fishing really well at the minute.
Regards

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
macky1 said:
you found tope marks of scarborough yet balleko?
Hi there-
Not found the tope marks off scarborough yet - to be honest I haven't tried. Can you help me?? I know you do a lot of beachcasting as I have read some of your threads before and seen the photies of the bad seas!! Can you help me with these elusive tope marks as I would love to try for them!!

Regards
Trev

1 - 11 of 11 Posts