World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm going to Scarborough for a few hours on Tuesday. It's low water when I will be able to fish. Could anybody suggest where to fish? I'm not very mobile, as I have problems walking, so I need a spot which is flat (beach/wall/pier) and where I can park nearby. Your help would be much appreciated.
Phil

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Pretty tough going for anybody who has a walking impediment all along there Mackem. There are a couple of stretches of beach but mostly with rock scars a few yards beyond what looks like clean ground so rotten bottoms aplenty. For a short visit without somebody to show you where these or the gulleys between them lie, Phil, I think you'd struggle.

The best bet, I'd say but happy to hear from others, is to take the harbour wall on the south-west side.There's a car park at the bottom end of the harbour. Parking on it, or street parking opposite, shouldn't be too bad now many of the tourists have gone. Wherever you park go as far as you can through that car park and around the building beyond until you come to a gate with a "no entry" sign. You can fish the right hand side all the way up to that point but at low water the bit below the car park will be all beach or too shallow. Which leaves the short stretch between the building and the gate. It looks like a very promising mark to me but I've never seen more than two or three anglers there at a time.

East Pier, aka East Harbour (it's actually another harbour wall) is marked on the map linked but there are two more "piers". One is the wall I've just described. The other is an actual pier which runs between the two walls slightly below (south) of the one marked and actually goes out through the harbour to the old lighthouse - ignore it, no fishing allowed. You could try the East Pier. But. No fishing on the harbour side including the harbour entry and large rock/boulder placements as sea defences on the other side. That just leaves a small space at the very end. More than a couple of anglers there and it's crowded. Yet all the anglers seem happy to crowd it out. Maybe because I've only seen it during the tourist season?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Phil,
I'm from Scarborough mate. East pier would be ok for you, there is a blue badge parking on the main road.or you could go on the sandside of the west pier, just don't fish across harbour mouth because harbour master will have you. Seen loads of people fish off it, just stay out the way of the lads working. No one should give you any trouble.There is a car park at the start of the pier P&D.
That's really it at low water. High water you could fish at the railings near the sea life centre. parking is very close by.
Wish you luck
cheers
Phil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts