World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
I was out at the bass again and nothing but small fish.Here is my pal kevin with one from today.

I havnt seen one over 3lb from the shore this year as apose to last year the majority of them were a decent size.Has anybody else had or seen a 3lb plus bass this year in and around luce bay?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
as john will tell you ...old manx proverb "the bigger the tide the bigger the bass " smaller the tide ...yada yada !!.... least you caught some this time around ??? :secret:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as john will tell you ...old manx proverb "the bigger the tide the bigger the bass " smaller the tide ...yada yada !!.... least you caught some this time around ??? :secret:
That was a big tide when we were out guy last sunday and again small fish.

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
aye theres been a few decent bass up to 7lb caught that i know of, that was at the special time tho :)

·
Registered
724 Posts
We managed three today Matt, all bigger than yours:whistling:whistling
The best was a good four, the other two.... well they were bigger than yours.... but only just.

It was hard work today trying to cast a plug in that wind, but never mind it's August tomorrow

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We managed three today Matt, all bigger than yours:whistling:whistling
The best was a good four, the other two.... well they were bigger than yours.... but only just.

It was hard work today trying to cast a plug in that wind, but never mind it's August tomorrow
I was going to say you need a strong arm and plenty of patience with your prefured methods john. I like baiting up, hanging the rod up sit in the jeep with a hot cup of coco (just like moma used to make) and wait for the bites :fish:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Next time you have a free day give me a ring and we'll take you with us. Nothing is better than watching a Bass smash into a surface plug, heart stopping when it happens only a rods length from your feet.

A good days plugging and you'll soon be giving up that "armchair" fishing:yeah::yeah:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Its my young brother and his 5lber (i'm not good enough yet lol)
So you agree its down to skill then Kimbo1,I wish Scorpion could see the skill in it.(ME:1a:Scorpion:cry:),he just thinks im a flooky bas**rd.lol.:fishing1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts