World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
44,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am toying with the idea of taking my wife to St Marys' in middle of October for her birthday. Any ideas what the fishing is like at that time of year. How easy is it to get rods etc over to the island and are there any bait shops around or is it hunt your own?
Any help greatfully received. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Snaggletooth,

I am off on a day trip to the Scillys next wednesday, so i will keep my eyes peeled for a bait shop for you.

Cheers

Rich

·
Banned
44,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mickylad said:
hey..... snag does the wife fish or she very understanding about how you spend her birthdays??????? :D
As long as I'm very kind and caring on her birthday I reckon I can get at least 5 out of the 7 days fishing. :D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Snaggletooth said:
As long as I'm very kind and caring on her birthday I reckon I can get at least 5 out of the 7 days fishing. :D
Snag,

Plese PM me with your secret for getting around them, my whinges if I'm late back, would not mind all she has to do is wall 20 metres from caravan and she can see me?

Woodster

PS. Women (who are non fishing) ?????!!!!!

·
Banned
44,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry Woodster no secret. She is happy to come fishing with me and there are no naggings attached, however, in an evening if I'm playing poker online and the soaps have finished on the box I keep getting nagged until I go down stairs.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Oh and if you are taking the Scillonian over then rods are not a problem, not sure about the chopper though? I'll keep my eye out in the Cornishman for discount vouchers and let you know if I spot any.

And just in case you didn't notice there is a link to a tackle/sports shop on the site I posted before. Shame if you want worm they only come frozen though :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just returned for the Scillies.

One tackle shop that we saw on st marys, in Hugh's town called sports mode. It only sells frozen bait.

Unsure about being able to take rods across on the helicopter but worth enquiring about. Flights take 20 mins while boat crossing take 2 1/2 hours!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts