World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day I could head off with mark II fishing dog as now had second injection. Went to Scotston with the two dogs, three bairns and BTB. We fished the ebb tide out from 1700 till 2100.
The results were, markII dog mastered the guarding of his masters tackle.

Protection of the bait box from markI dog (clever quiet bait thief)only managed to nick a ham sandwich tonight.

Also got him to practise keep the boss warm for winter fishing, an essential fishing dog skill.

On the fish side BTB had two wee turbot, a lot of weed fish were caught.

Usual bait mackeral was used.

Will continue with the fishing dog training but results look good, no noise, no bait thieving, protecting property and portable body warmer.:victory:

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
nice report there m8 good to see your gears safe but ur sarnies,i think youll need to re think that,good wee body warmer you have there.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
cracking report and pics mate, wish ma dog was small enough to take fishing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice report there m8 good to see your gears safe but ur sarnies,i think youll need to re think that,good wee body warmer you have there.
Was other dog markI that nicked the sannies not the new mark II dog in pictures, markI getting on a bit now. View of markI and markII from over my shoulder by the PC just now.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
brill :roll1: keep up the good work

well done on the turbot

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MarkII still needs a lot of training in rod rest placement selection, went with his choice tonight and blanked, BTB found the gulley.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
gus, ma missus has asked why they are called mark1 and mark2

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not their real names, markI fishing dog is great for spinning and fly fishing as no bait, markII still a pup (12 weeks) but he will be getting trained for sea fishing, no landing net, markII dog mouth it out.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
cant u make mk2 the rod rest carrier in deep water saves walking it back across the sand in an incoming tide.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
cheers mate, least thats cleared that up for her

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cant u make mk2 the rod rest carrier in deep water saves walking it back across the sand in an incoming tide.
No that's one of the joys of beach fishing also he will be keeping his balls you never know when a sexy bitch will hit these North East beaches.

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
nice little session and doggie training there gus.would like to take my dog fishing,but being a dachshund,would have to carry him to most marks...........plus his legs are too short to hold a rod and be able to use the reel at the same time:roll1:

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
crackin pics gus

·
Team Jedi
1,639 Posts
Nice one Gus ,bonny lookin dog,and good to see BTB with his 2 Turbos :)

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
I was wondering if it was because they had a hair lip (mark! mark!..)
Yeah I know, go back to sleep Brian :sleep:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts