World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent two most enjoyable days at Scotston fishing a club competition, the fishing was good , flounder,turbot,plaice,lastly weaver also caught be warned.
All fish measured and returned
Best on the ebbing tide as the flood tended to bring in a lot of weed at times unfishable
A big thanks to all who involved in the organising and running of the competition :fishing:

·
Turbot Magnet
1,858 Posts
Well done lads,maybe i'm wrong but are you guys fishing from thursday to friday at the council car park?
regards
tony

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fished 5pm/9pm on the thursday and 11am/5pm on the friday there was about 30 of us ,really enjoyed the trip even the weather was kind :sun:

·
Registered
183 Posts
if i remember correctly (after a few beers) there were 245 fish caught over the 2 days.

·
Turbot Magnet
1,858 Posts
Fished 5pm/9pm on the thursday and 11am/5pm on the friday there was about 30 of us ,really enjoyed the trip even the weather was kind :sun:
Thanks for the 4 rigs,they aren't the best for scotstown but i can use the swivels,also thanks for the 6 oz grippers,once again isn't the best for the venue but can do a job for the winter cod,BTW myself and Cesar pick up the black bags full of rubbish left in the car park and put them in the bin the whole 30 yards away just in case you guys couldn't see it,and also got a black bag half full of line,wrappers,empty bottles of juice,cans,just to name some,from the beach itself.
Also got a fair amount of stick from an old lady walking the dog,because of the state of the beach...to be fair she was rite...
We fish that beach for a long long time and i never see the beach and the car park in that kind of state.
If it was in the grave yard side of the beach,that was more than enough for the farmer to go bananas and stop us lot from fishing over there.
Mind my good friend,we in this corner, welcome our fellow travellers fisherman's,and some of us take time,to fish and show the best spots on this beautiful beach,it is a shame some of our fellow fisherman's don't respect or care about the effort we put in to keep it like we found it.
You and your friends are more than welcome to come back,but please try and keep the beach clean and free of hazards who could put the wildlife and the common passers by in danger or in disgust.
This is not direct to you,but to all who fished the match/competition
I wonder why some people are reluctant in giving away fishing marks
regards
tony

·
Registered
183 Posts
our rubbish was disposed of in the wooden bins at the car park. not sure what cemetary you are reffering too? the car park we parked at had a sandy hill over the dunes. The beach was tidy when we left.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have stewards who pick up the pegs at the end of each day if any rubbish is found on the peg then the person is disqualified !
I was one of the last to leave on the friday and the car parking area we were in was clear of rubbish there were bins nearby which were used for all the rubbish.

·
Turbot Magnet
1,858 Posts
i don't doubt you are a good bunch of guys,and your stewards do a fantastic job,but mind one or two are enough to spoil the fun,it is not uncommon that happening in special when big numbers of people are involved ,i assure you,was rubbish left on the beach and also in the car park,i know because i pick it up,wasn't passers by rubbish because was fishing related rubbish,so please don't doubt my word,and try make a fool of me.
Regards
tony

·
Registered
380 Posts
Fished up your way many times now tony and as i said previously beaches are spotless and would be a shame to spoil them so any angler fishing that area please clean up after you, cannot comment on what you say tony as i was not there but after meeting you i know you are proud of your area

1 - 9 of 9 Posts