World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met Paul (Thornback) at Tesco in Fraserburgh after he had had his brekky and we headed off at about 8:30am to Scotstown beach for a flattie bashing sesh. Mission was to bag Flounder and especially Turbot for species lists.

Sea conditions at Scotstown were as good as it gets, gentle surf but fast flooding the ground under our feet. There was a bit of weed about but it did not pose a big problem.

Wind was cold one minute and would die down the next and the sun was out the whole time. Beautiful.

First blood to me with a couple of small flounders then Paul got one then I had another double, one flounder and one tiny hand sized Turbot.

After that, we shared sporadic Flounders until last fish - Paul tagged a nice looking Turbot maybe just over 1/2lb.

In all, we reckon about 12 Flounder and 2 Turbot. Once past high tide, since we had accomplished the mission, we tidied up and headed for Boddam rocks below the old Hotel - fished there for an hour and a half and although we did initially get a few bites, no fish.

Great day though.

Novelty dog stories:
1. Big bloke walks past us with a retriever and a huge Pit Bull type - the latter decides to urinate all over Pauls stuff - goes to do mine but the bloke shouted at him and he didn't.
2. Nice looking Woman with huge Wommeramer (how do you spell that?) walks past, the dog goes over to greet Paul and she says to the dog "No, that's not him..."... I reckon it was Millser she was meaning :secret:

· The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
its it the wash as we speak bloody big dog aswell how come i get all the dogs :blink: but two more of the list can only be good thanks for the tour briser really had a good time and now i have two more marks i can use top day :clap3: cheers

· Registered
1,573 Posts
nice session boys well done on the couple more species for the year. Never fished Scotstown but have fished the rocks at Boddam (lighthouse)with some nice Pollack showing.
Neal
The SKink
Paul I managed to get the jedi pics up on the Forum mate.

· Registered
2,086 Posts
good sesh ther guys ,

funny enough every time im up the west coast with paul , its allways his tent that gets pee'd on too , must be a personal thing that !

well done chaps

al

· The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
its always the same lads must be my natural smell:blink: happy with the turbot aswell always a dodgy one with me that one:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

· Registered
824 Posts
Two spiecies trageted and two got:clap3: , well done the both of you:clap3: , did look prity calm was out that way on a boat. But you shore anglers had more luck than us for a tubot.
Forgot to say was in local tackle shop and the boy serving said there was a 5lb turbot caught from scotstown a few days ago:g: .

· The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
it was a good day ryan gentle and easy but an elusive fish for me so i was happy for the help from briser ,a good mark and good company and i would say a few more ounces and it would have been visiting my grill:clap2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.