World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Sea Trout Fan
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have wanted to check this place out for a while, so made the trip down at half 7 this morning to fish the tide up.
Armed only with mackerel for bait, 2 rods , 3 hook rigs.
After about an hour fishing 9 guys from Aberdeen Thistle turned up and spread out along the beach.
Fishing was very slow today, unfortunately and in 3 hours only managed a 6oz turbot and a small flounder, between everyone there was only a handful of flounder caught.:cry:
At the point i left mine was the only turbot although the club boys were there for the day.
The water was clear but i think it's been just a wee bit too settled for the past 2 or 3 days so there wasn't really enough surf.
Crackin place all the same though apart from the family with 3 kids who, having the choice of about a mile of beach , decided to come and paddle in the water and build sandcastles about 15ft from where i was set up:wacko:
Another non-blank :shutup:

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Which beach did you go to Neal, the "actual" Scotstown which is at the village of St Fergus or the one we all go to (known as the "Pirates Graveyard" or Kirktown) which is a couple of miles closer to Peterhead?
Personally I think it holds more fish and has less likelyhood of families/kids etc. than Scotstown.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
how was the sea state? any surf? (thinking bout going out later to try for a turbo on the fly but even a small surf ****s that up coz ive no waders yet)

·
Sea Trout Fan
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which beach did you go to Neal, the "actual" Scotstown which is at the village of St Fergus or the one we all go to (known as the "Pirates Graveyard" or Kirktown) which is a couple of miles closer to Peterhead?
Personally I think it holds more fish and has less likelyhood of families/kids etc. than Scotstown.
Aye Briser, i was torn between the 2 and plumped for scotstown rather than kirkton.
Bonny beach like

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Aye Briser, i was torn between the 2 and plumped for scotstown rather than kirkton.
Bonny beach like
They are both very similar except as said, Kirktown is quieter.

Hey Rauri, if you are still considering it gie me a shout, might come along.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
ended up gan to boddam to stock up on mackies,just froze down 100+ fillets for bait and got 40 ready to smoke :yeah:

·
Registered
380 Posts
travelled fae fife today fished at mouth of river uggie there was plenty of small flounders but alas nae turbot so we headed to kirkton or pirates graveyard only to have small flatties and 1 small turbot i think that there was not enough surf running and the water was gin clear spoke to 2 guys fae further north who were just starting as we were packing in BUT as arnold would say [ i,ll be back,] in a couple of weeks to try again to catch that elusive fish known as a TURBOT and lets hope that maybe my luck will change :yeah::yeah:

·
Sea Trout Fan
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
travelled fae fife today fished at mouth of river uggie there was plenty of small flounders but alas nae turbot so we headed to kirkton or pirates graveyard only to have small flatties and 1 small turbot i think that there was not enough surf running and the water was gin clear spoke to 2 guys fae further north who were just starting as we were packing in BUT as arnold would say [ i,ll be back,] in a couple of weeks to try again to catch that elusive fish known as a TURBOT and lets hope that maybe my luck will change :yeah::yeah:
all the best mate, that's a fair trek for a days dangling.
maybe you could pm some of the local lads on here in advance and they could advise you on surf / wind conditions beforehand

·
Registered
50 Posts
Aye Bruzer, the fishin' wisnae too great. But at least someone can catch TURBOT.
That's 3 in 2 visits to the same area - I'll have to start giving you lessons. Oh no, I already did & it still didnae work. He he!!
Good luck on your next visit - I'll be down the south west at time bringin in some more new fish for the species list I hope. Cheers

·
Registered
157 Posts
ended up gan to boddam to stock up on mackies,just froze down 100+ fillets for bait and got 40 ready to smoke :yeah:
My bad :wub::clap:

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
didnt get to bed till nearly bloody 3 :hammer:

·
Registered
380 Posts
well fish fanatic what can i say wee dod did it again maybe i should contact local anglers before i leave but i really like fishing in your neck of the woods to coin a phrase and i,ll def be back to try and catch a turbot and i will not gie in :wacko:

·
Sea Trout Fan
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well fish fanatic what can i say wee dod did it again maybe i should contact local anglers before i leave but i really like fishing in your neck of the woods to coin a phrase and i,ll def be back to try and catch a turbot and i will not gie in :wacko:
quite right bud i like your style, just tryin to give you a wee bit more help before you come up ......;)

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
scotstown and phd faces east :bleh: we often nip round onto the north coast when its nae good here

1 - 20 of 28 Posts