Scotstown Turbot Meet & Greet - 31 Aug 08

3K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  wooky114 
#1 ·
Sunday 31st August 2008
Sunrise 6:06 AM GMTDT, Sunset 8:06 PM GMTDT
Moonrise 6:56 AM GMTDT, Moonset 7:52 PM GMTDT
Low Tide: 8:04 AM GMTDT 0.6 feet
High Tide: 1:59 PM GMTDT 12.7 feet

which happens to coincide with the biggest weekend tide for a few months, so it'll give us more of the beach to fish...

And this if what we're after.....

1lb 9oz Turbot caught by Codmuncher from the same beach on 26th July 2008

Meet up at 9am and fish on from there....

Location: Scotstoun / Kirkton Beach (ABOUT 3 MILES NORTH OF PETERHEAD)

Target Species: TURBOT, Flounder, Plaice, Dabs and maybe the odd rogue Sea Trout and/or Bass

Rigs: 2 / 3 hooker flappers, size 4, 2, 1 or 1/0 hooks

Baits: Mackeral, Worms, Squid, Bluey, Sandeel

Parking: (If travelling from the South) North of Peterhead, before St Fergus, turn right at the signpost for the Cemetery. Park either by the old cemetery and walk the short distance (5 minutes) thru the dunes to the beach. (Enough parking for 6 - 8 cars), or follow the track (bit rough in places, so take it easy and mind your exhaust ;)) from the Cemetery along to left (enough parking for 10+ cars)

If your travelling from the North, work it out for yourself by reversing the above directions ;) :doh:

The beach is clean but does sometimes get a bit weedy after a blow - tackle loses should not be high.

Should be a good craic. I'm not running a list - so just turn up if you want and we may run some light hearted sweeps etc on the day if people are interested :thumbs:

If anyone needs any more info PM me

Initially discussed in this thread:

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126026

See less See more
#2 ·
Me and snorry rory should be there see u then:clap2:

#4 ·
Looking forward to watching Wookie split the sky with his new 16 foot toy :D

#11 ·
is there another one of these meets on the cards , i cant make this one as it clashes with other commitments that i have , i have been wanting to fish this area for a while now and would like to attend the next meet .

is there camping allowed there or nearby as i will be traveling a fair distance and will want to make a weekend of it

al

#12 ·
Not one planned yet, but there could be. Hadn't thought about the next one until this one's done and dusted, so to speak, but if anyone else wants to organise it, feel free (I won't hold my breath).

Some of the local lads have been known to offer up spare beds.

There's plenty of camping places and B&B's in the area as well.

#15 ·
i wouldnae mind going tae this one if i get the train tae aberdeen and the bus tae peterhead how far do i go after that im off for a weeks holiday then
get off in peterhead then get another bus to fraserburgh tell the driver you want off at the cemetry and i'm sure someone will pick you up(unless they can manage from peterhead)

another question how is the road from the main road to the cemetry?

i'm running a mega low passat and it doesnt have much ground clearance

it will hit a coke can on its side with the sump:crazy:

#20 ·
I was there today, lots of potholes, not for lowered cars, care must be taken to avoid the worst ones.
As for the road off to the left of the cemetary, its a bit dodgy.
I can take a passenger (have a 4x4) from the Fraserburgh direction or Peterhead if anyone wants to save their car.

#22 ·
Not this time fella - it's to late to get it sorted from the bait supplier at this late stage.

Last time I did it there was someone travelling up who collected the bait for us, therefore we didn't have to pay courier charges, but if we do another meet and there's enough interest I'd consider doing a bait order again.

Only thing is it'd be cash up front and if you don't show up your bait gets dished out to others attending, cos I don't want to be out of pocket for other peoples bait...

Mackerel fillets, squid , sand eel and lug, if you can get any, will suffice (but the lug worm is optional ;))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.