World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading about the Loch Etive meet, from the shore would there be any interest in having a boat meet somewhere in Scotland, Luce Bay, Port Logan, Isle Whithorn, Oban, Etive, Dunbar, as i fish these places fairly regular. And i know a few of the guys on the forum who have boats, i.e ticky, cocky, dazthehappyhooker, happydude,captainfishy, myself and a few others. Would there be interest in the coming months for a meet time and place to be arranged. I know reading some of the English forums a few of the guys meet up for a bit of banter and a bit of fishing not too serious. Any interest let me know or pm me. :fishing:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Is there any way you can get a wheelchair user on one of your boats for the meet?

Steven

·
Registered
2,099 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
great idea mate.....I would jump at the chance of boat fishing and more than happy to contribute to fuel costs etc....off on my hols for a week but if anyone is looking for anyone on their boat pm me and I'll get back to you soon as.....cheers .....ninja

·
Registered
390 Posts
Would be up for that as long as I get enough notice to get out from under the wife's thumb!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Richard,

I tried to organise the species hunt at Etive in June. Loads of takers early on, but when push came to shove it was a different story and the call-offs came flying in.

The other point is that this thread is probably aimed more at boat owners chaps. Believe me - crew will not be hard to come by. It rarely is. I don't think it's a thread offering boat trips? That may happen later if a space becomes available, but most skippers already have their "regulars" at the end of the phone.

I'd love to see a small boats meet in numbers.

·
Registered
124 Posts
sounds a cracking idea for small boat owners to share learning etc and invite other members as part of the crew.....I can take 2 or 3 in my quicksilver 580...location how about an east coat venue as in Dunbar...hey i dont mind helping to organise it....
john

·
Registered
667 Posts
I'd Be up for it. Don't know if my boat will be ready for september though. Hopefully, there will be lots of takers.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rite there is a bit of interest in this one a few pm(s) i have recieved about taking people out on boats thats up to the skipper of the boats that are going i have got space on my boat for 1 and that place has been taken by 1colin first we need to arrange a time and a venue so any ideas are greatly recieved my feeling at this time of year would be port logan august september fishes really well but the choice is left up to you guys :boat:

·
Registered
124 Posts
guys there is a meet on the 23rd august down there.....how about a differant venue....or can we look at september and being selfish during the week is good for me....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts