World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Looking for personal experience recommendations for boat fishing on Scottish Sea Lochs, just looking for best choice of Loch within say 3.5 - 4hrs towing time from Fife, with pointers on where able to launch from (16' Bonwitco 495) as once restrictions ease a bit looking to get me and the boat away for 4-5 days, so also take into consideration if I am able to 'rough camp' on banks of whatever water, also tips on species available Mar,/Apr time, along with appropriate baits.

Any info would be considered most helpful, many thanks in advance...

PS: could be up for a fishing buddy on said forthcoming trip, if anyone local to me fancies it.

Cheers Steve

·
Registered
Anyfish Anywhere 6 and bait 13ft. Abu 6500 TSRi. Akios 757ctm.
51 Posts
Hi Guys
Looking for personal experience recommendations for boat fishing on Scottish Sea Lochs, just looking for best choice of Loch within say 3.5 - 4hrs towing time from Fife, with pointers on where able to launch from (16' Bonwitco 495) as once restrictions ease a bit looking to get me and the boat away for 4-5 days, so also take into consideration if I am able to 'rough camp' on banks of whatever water, also tips on species available Mar,/Apr time, along with appropriate baits.

Any info would be considered most helpful, many thanks in advance...

PS: could be up for a fishing buddy on said forthcoming trip, if anyone local to me fancies it.

Cheers Steve
I’ve not boat fished this venue, but anglers do, and I’ve had great success from the shore, and that is Loch Etive. There are places to wild camp along its shoreline and I believe you can launch from Taynuilt, but a search on google will give you all the options. I’ve had specimen spurdogs and thornback rays at March/April time, and there are other species present through the course of the year. Pulley Rigs with heavy mono hook traces loaded with mackerel baits seem to do the trick, but I would imagine blueys would work well too. If you haven’t fished there before go and do it, it’s a magnificent place to be, with the chance of some huge fish if your lucks in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts