World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know the score - you organise things for other people and then get let down badly at the eleventh hour. We are where we are, so it's damage limitation time. :yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

I have three places available each day for fishing on the MV Stormdrift II out of Scrabster this Saturday and Sunday. pm me for details if interested?:) If you already have my mobile number, call me?

I'm heading to an airport shortly to fly home so will not reply until this evening. If you want to post here - Sandtiger may be able to respond to you before then?:)

·
Registered
477 Posts
I wish I could, but got to do some serious family stuff this weekend.

Hope you manage to get some additional bodies Ticketty

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too Nick! It's a bit of a sickener and has kinda put me off of organising stuff for others.

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
I used to organise a lot of trips and was let down sometimes - now I tend to organise only for a few people I can trust - I have never been let down by my skate fishing guys but have been totally embarrased on a couple of trips to Arbroath, Amble and Drumore !!!! :schmoll:
There isnt a best way to do it in my view but I will continue to do it as it is the only way I can get boat fishing of my choice in good company :)
I appreciate your efforts Ticketty - dont let the few unreliable ones **** you off too much - remember the rest of us are going and really looking forward to it :clap3: - whats a few extra bob for the boat - the biggest expenses are accomodation and lead weights !!!!!:)
See you tomorrow
Pedro El Pescador :)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I appreciate your efforts Ticketty - dont let the few unreliable ones **** you off too much - remember the rest of us are going and really looking forward to it :clap3: - whats a few extra bob for the boat - the biggest expenses are accomodation and lead weights !!!!!:)
See you tomorrow
:clap3: :clap3:

Yeah, Its more room for all the fish also :) :)

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
I used to organise a lot of trips and was let down sometimes - now I tend to organise only for a few people I can trust - I have never been let down by my skate fishing guys but have been totally embarrased on a couple of trips to Arbroath, Amble and Drumore !!!! :schmoll:
There isnt a best way to do it in my view but I will continue to do it as it is the only way I can get boat fishing of my choice in good company :)
See you tomorrow
yip peter
you do organise a good fishing trip.
if your doing another 1 up the east give me a bell
ps
have a good weekend
i am working sat but going to the wormit meet sun

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Me too Nick! It's a bit of a sickener and has kinda put me off of organising stuff for others.

do it all the time but learned to book for the minimum amount,say 6 then add the others later,but its never came to that yet.

i have carna island (loch sunart) booked for 6 with 12 wanting to go,but as soon as you mention deposits 6 pay up 6 others shy away,get cash 3 months in advance in my book.the deposits i have so far have paid for the trip 2 more gets us a second boat. for 2 days.:boat: :)

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just bumping this back up. I'll be off air from noon, contact Sandtiger after that?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Didn't see your post until tonight TB.
Under normal circumstances I would've made every effort to go,
as I know there's some good fishing to be had up there.
I was spoken for on another boat on Sunday though.

Next time....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.