World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there im wondering if the folks on here can help im looking for a supplier of scrap lead preferably within 100miles of Arbroath Scotland but might be willing to go a bit further as im looking to make my own weights again. It seems to be a hell of a job obtaining it from local scrap merchants these days so if anyone can help that would be great!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Hi there im wondering if the folks on here can help im looking for a supplier of scrap lead preferably within 100miles of Arbroath Scotland but might be willing to go a bit further as im looking to make my own weights again. It seems to be a hell of a job obtaining it from local scrap merchants these days so if anyone can help that would be great!

Thanks
Have you thought about asking your local tyre fitting company for their scrap wheel balance weights? A contribution to their tea fund normally helps at times like these, and safer than climbing up onto the church roof... :whistling:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you thought about asking your local tyre fitting company for their scrap wheel balance weights? A contribution to their tea fund normally helps at times like these, and safer than climbing up onto the church roof... :whistling:
Hmm, now there's a thought! ill give that and anything else anyone comes up with.....although i don't think ill bother climbing church roofs lol, I'm scared of heights and might get hit by a lightning bolt ;)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I asked our village Kwik Fit place and came away with bag full of the things for the price of a box of tea bags and a bag of sugar...well, at my age climbing church roofs is impossible anyways!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked our village Kwik Fit place and came away with bag full of the things for the price of a box of tea bags and a bag of sugar...well, at my age climbing church roofs is impossible anyways!
Hahaha brilliant! think im deffo gonna have a look, i know there are several tyre fitters in the town, gonna nip round them on Monday. More the merrier!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Wheel weights are rarely lead, but alloy these days unfortunately

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
I don't but do you think asking companies would be fruitful?
Small building companies often stockpile scrap lead till Xmas and weigh it in to pay for the xmas dinner.
Worth an ask , they may have lots getting in the way or not enough to warrant a trip to the scrappies !

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m a roofer but I’m a bit far away for you to come and get some, I’m going to make myself a few as I’ve got about half a ton make more money in weights than weighing it in!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts