World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After planning a trip up channel to fish a new mark I'd been told about, a late change of plan ( delayed at home ) and an hours drive to get there. I eventually headed off at 22:0o to fish the 23:30 HW.

Drizzly rain had just started as I set up a scratching two hook flapper with 1/o's baited with left over rag.
Out it went into the dismal night.
Second rod was a clipped down pulley with a single 2/0 loaded up with a string of fresh lug.

Light Night Sky Water Darkness

Out this went and was soon gobbled up by a greedy little coddlet

Fish Fish Marine biology Deep sea fish Bony-fish

Then the flapper gave a little tremble producing and even smaller Whiting ....

Fish Fish Bait Hand Osmeriformes

This was quickly mounted onto a 4/0 pennel and clipped onto the pulley rig and sent back out into the darkness.
15 mins later the rod gave a juddering pull down and then went slack. As I picked it up it arched over and stayed there........... A bit of a tussle and onto the beach came this 10lb 3oz Conger...........

Night Fish

Apart from a few crabs that was it for the evening. Another happy session !!!

Oh and Hi to MAX who stopped to chat and recognised me. Nice to meet you fella.

You know where you met me.............. give it a try sometime BUT REMEMBER >>>>>>

Finger Fun Gesture Glasses Thumb

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stop keeping secrets.
No secret..................... I live in Barry and the lights in the background are Barry. Max found me, so it's a bit like "where's walley" .................................. not that I'm a walley :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
No secret..................... I live in Barry and the lights in the background are Barry. Max found me, so it's a bit like "where's walley" .................................. not that I'm a walley :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I live in caerau, the lights behind me are in Maesteg, that doesn't mean I fish there, although number 22 has some coy carp in the garden, may try there lol. Good report, just pulling your leg.

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've told everyone how I fish it, Rigs, Hook sizes, Baits even what time high water was. If I say where it is as well I may as well be fishing it myself....................................................................................... !!!
Silly me................. That's what I AM doing !!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Besides.... No one has asked me where it is...

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Go on then put us out of our misery,,,, WHERE WAS IT?..
51degrees 23' 15.77N 3degrees 17' 22.84W You didn't expect me to make it easy did you ???

Guess I'll have to find another "Quiet" spot now :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.