World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lucky enough to have had some success off the Kayak recently fishing for Cod. The freezer has enough to be going on with so I thought it would be fun to go after some different species.

Could anyone suggest a scratching rig or alternative to the usual Hokkis for using round about the Dunbar/Torness area. Not fussed what I catch but would love to beat my 7 species in a day record.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Not sure what the biel is?
the mouth of the biel burn need to launch from dunbar and to the left out the harbour dont know if theres car acess for you to get a bit closer also a lot of sea trout,salmon were lying along that coast waiting for water a few of the dunbar locals were having some field days for a while there but theres been a good bit of rain since then never mentioned it before in case it brought droves in hoping to make a killing but might still be a few hanging around also worth trying around the mouth of the tyne but also not sure how close you can get by car to launch some of the shore guys might be able to advise good there flatties to if you have 7 species already there cant be much more to be had well done. just had a count mine is 7 to bass,pollack,coalie,wrasse,cod,ling,whiting oh and the old mackie 8 but seen scorpions caught never had the flatties but havent targetted them oh again and a gannet if that counts 9 oh and launce 10 going to bed now before anything else crops up hope you have a good day tomorrow bud. rab

1 - 4 of 4 Posts