World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove down this morning to Port Logan for 8 am. to meet Tickety Boo and BMAC for a species hunt aboard Tickety's superb Warrior 165 which is very well equiped with the latest electronics. Unfortunately BMAC could not make it and had to call off, so with only Gordon and myself, loads of deck space. Weather forecasts were correct, first rain for about an hour, then clear skies and sunshine for most of the remainder of the day. First stop, approx. a mile out in front of the bay. Filled the bait tanks with mackerel, then moved to Clanyard bay, which gave us a nice selection of species. Later tried in front of Mull hill, nothing doing, quick chat with other boats in the area, and found out that they were catching next to nowt, so went back down past Clanyard to try an inshore wreck ( cannot remember the name, Destro or Clansman I think ) no joy there so back into the bay, and later a final drop approaching the harbour. All in all a good day species wise, although fish were scarce today including the bankers of pollack and doggies. Still very enjoyable Thanks Gordon.
Species caught, Cod, dogfish (lsd) dab, grey gurnard, haddock,pollack, plaice, wrasse ballen, wrasse cuckoo and whiting ( tiny ) So eleven species, that kept us both happy. Good luck tomorrow when you are out with Guyfellow. Most species scarce, but mackerel everywhere.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
sounds like a good days fishing

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
hi jack decent enough day afloat there , logan goes like that after a lot of fresh water going in pollock dont like it ! we,ll try a few different tactics tomorrow and see what it brings !! early start for me so off to baw baw !!

·
Registered
254 Posts
sounds you had a good day jack hope your not thinking about a boat yourself again?anyhow do you want a flattie match 2 morro ?? one pound heavy fish ,if so time and plaice ..plaice for me i hope.let the dual begin.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds you had a good day jack hope your not thinking about a boat yourself again?anyhow do you want a flattie match 2 morro ?? one pound heavy fish ,if so time and plaice ..plaice for me i hope.let the dual begin.
Could do with a wee boat once the legs get too tired to take me to the front of Rough firth, wait and see. Tickety has put me in the mood for one. Tomorrow £1 per rod h/f qualifying period 11 am. till 2 pm. outside those times do not count.

·
Registered
254 Posts
my student and myself will be there hope you feel lucky ,ive had to borrow a quid fae the wife,and she wants it back.:whistling

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Sorry i missed you Jack, glad you had a good day. I look forward to the boy's report for today.

·
Registered
461 Posts
great report,great days fishing guys,well done.gonae try a bit of boat fishing this year.that sounds like a good place to do it:clap:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts