World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had been weather watching all week and their was a small window for us to get out with Malcom Jones on sea angler 2. We were all very excited as this had been the first time everyone had been out in months including malc as his boat had been out of the water whilst he'd had his new engine fitted so malc was constantly keeping an eye on things as we chucked the ropes off and started steaming out to find a wreck hopefully loaded with some prime winter pollack. So being the first trip out it wasn't long before the usual banter started and the new engine was whistling away nicely. It wasn't long before we arrived at the first wreck. "Ok lads give it a go" malc shouts and away we went. It was fairly quiet with everyone cranking their handles waiting for their tips to dip and their reels to go screeming off but nothing so up we came to set another drift and that's when it started happening. Bang bazza was in to something which looked to be a good fish then kev was next. After a good battle Malc netted our first pollack of 2016 at 18lb what a start. Kevs fish wasn't so big but still a good fish. Next couple of drifts we had a steady run of pollack and at one point almost everyone was into fish except me, then bang I'm in. Didn't feel as big as bazzas but striped a decent bit of braid off me reel as I started lifting, I felt a little shake and it was gone. Never mind it happens. 3 or 4 others were in to fish as well with kevs being a good fish. With that his tip bounced back up and when he reeled in he realised he had been smashed up. Brads also dropped a fish this drift as well. It went a bit quiet after that so a move was called first drift Paul hall gets a cod and brads a pollack and this is how the day went on. Everyone catching fish bar me. Bazza having several fish over the 15lb mark, in the end I managed to get a fish and once I caught 1 I was away. My best was 11lb 14 oz everyone had good fish and plenty of it too, so all in all a very good start to 2016. We couldn't have ask for a better day the weather was beautiful the company was great and it's always a pleasure being onboard sea angler 2 with top skipper malcom jones well done malc thanks once again.

Fish Fishing Bass Cod Recreation
Fish Fishing Cod Bass Recreation

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Great fish! A nice day to be out too by the looks of it.
Thanks
Conor

Reactions: biffo bacon

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a few more pics sorry about the double photos this is my first fishing report but hope you enjoyed it.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Thanks conor it was a beautiful day not very often you get a day like that this time of year did you get out?
We were gonna try Sunday but when we checked the weather on Saturday it turned out Saturday was the day to be out!
A bit annoyed about that and I had these great reports to tease myself as well haha

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We were gonna try Sunday but when we checked the weather on Saturday it turned out Saturday was the day to be out!
A bit annoyed about that and I had these great reports to tease myself as well haha
never mind mate there is always next time fingers crossed you'll get out soon and hopefully have a good day.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
very nice indeed that you got out and caught some decent fish.
good start to the year.
Thanks Ken we had better conditions than yourself and leginfisher with none of the wrecks being netted it made ideal conditions .days like that you just don't want to end.ken are you going Skjervoy this year if so when you going?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Thanks Ken we had better conditions than yourself and leginfisher with none of the wrecks being netted it made ideal conditions .days like that you just don't want to end.ken are you going Skjervoy this year if so when you going?
Hi BB yep looked like a good day.... A day where I might have exercised the '1 last drift' (skippers concession) more than a dozen times ;)

Skjervoy, yes of course. 5-12 Aug, and Havoysund in June.
And Skjervoy for similar dates again in 2017.
And yourself?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi BB yep looked like a good day.... A day where I might have exercised the '1 last drift' (skippers concession) more than a dozen times ;)

Skjervoy, yes of course. 5-12 Aug, and Havoysund in June.
And Skjervoy for similar dates again in 2017.
And yourself?
Yes we are going to be there end of June start of July 9 of us 3 boats it's our 2nd time it feels like we learnt so much on our first trip but feels like we only just scratched the surface.it's true what they say about skjervoy it's like a drug you just gotta have your yearly fix :)
can't wait to get over and start chasing them halibuts again.were did you get your naughty bin? that looks dead handy ;)

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Biffo, must not speak of that of which we do not speak ;)

But yes, its a fantastic place, with the potential to hook a monster, and where you never stop learning if you make the most of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts