World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This months sea angler talks bout indonesian prawns being better than peeler - and cheaper.

anyone know where to get them and how to present them. have tried makro and tesco but no avail!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi are these prawns in shells? has anyone tried them yet ? [/I] <

·
Registered
311 Posts
cardiff indoor market has a good supply of different prawns non cooked veriety

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
No fish around so impossible to judge. We are going to keep on trying. Tactic is to catch fish on usual baits then switch to prawn.

Rhod.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by fishingrhod@Nov 9 2004, 01:25 PM
No fish around so impossible to judge. We are going to keep on trying. Tactic is to catch fish on usual baits then switch to prawn.

Rhod.
HELLO ALL
SOURCE OF INDONESIAN PRAWNS

TRIED ICELANDS BUT COULD ONLY FIND COOKED, BUT NO RAW, BUY 1 GET 1 FREE B) VERY TASTY :p

LOCAL TESCOS DO SELL HEADLESS ONES, THEY THAW THEM OUT ON THE DISPLAY, BUT ASKED FOR FROZEN ONES, AND BOUGHT AKILO FROZEN QNTY 82
COST £21.50=26PENCE EACH

NOT TRIED MINE YET

CHEERS

S

·
0 Posts
ive tried them twice now and not caught at all on both trips, fished with 2 rods, 1 with lug and fish baits the other with these indonesion large prawns yting loads, pout dabs flounder and bass on the lug and fish rod but not even a proper bite on the prawns, there were plenty of fish about so no excuses for that reason. its got be in my opinion the worse bait ive tried for value at 40p a prawn., far better for me to have eaten them myself,

·
Registered
11 Posts
why are u guys using such expensive baits. i'm not an experienced fisherman but it seems strange to pay for the finest indonesian prawns for fish that are..well..not so tasty. I always thought the idea was to end up with better fish than you started with ie mackeral = bass or rag=pollack?

·
Registered
235 Posts
went shopping with the wife to sainsburys on fri they had prawns on bog off
i tried them on saturday on my local beach in selsey i will be using them again the whiting love them

B

·
0 Posts
I think you'll find that these prawns are "fresh water" reared and as such will be totally useless for sea bait!

·
Registered
2 Posts
thread three or four of them on your hook and up your line thread tale on first ive had a couple of small codling last weekend 2/3lb each and flat fish love them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts