World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen Sea Angler this month?

This rag of a magazine that is largely fully of adverts and so called experts catching piles of 6" whiting and eels (How can you call that fishing!!) and Northerners catching grotesque bags of tiny flounder is yet again trying its best to get anglers to turn against rod licences.

The proposed rod licence was £22. This would give anglers a say in the management of marine fish stocks which, at present, we do not have. The licence could pay for inshore fisheries management along the lines of freshwater fishing -like it or loathe it you cannot argue that freshwater angling in this country is poor can you?

Interestingly, the proposed licence is £22. However, a few pages into the "rag" we see an advert for an annual subscription to the "rag" for £33 - £ 11 more than the proposed licence. Now which one do you think is better value for money in preserving and enhancing British sea angling? Doh, I think it must be sea angler cos the adverts and articles are very interesting and imaginative - My view is that there is more interesting reading on my toliet roll after a good night out on the curry.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
rocklingmania said:
Anyone seen Sea Angler this month?

Northerners catching grotesque bags of tiny flounder
Oh great expert, please do tell us what mighty bags you catch !!!

not everybody catches small flounders m8

·
Registered
465 Posts
Rockling, why look at something you end up having moan on about? Leave it on the shelf it will help your blood pressure.

Ryan :D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
well go sit on the loo and read your bog role m8 and stop moaning .sea anglers been a top mag for years m8 and i for one have learned a great deal about fishing from it :)

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I do not agree with yours Rocklingmania.

I find Sea angler is a good magazine along with Total sea fishing.

I dn't think paying for a license would give us a say in anything to be honest.

I also think that there is no way the government would be able to provide the management in the sea they provide to coarse fishing, due to the sheer size of our coastline.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Just had a look through your posts rocklingmania,you seem to moan at just about anything ,are you anti fishing or what ?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I agree with the posts you moan to much rocklingmania. Juding by the posts on the cornish guilts and plymouth fishermen, you are obviously cornish. We all enjoy the great fun to be had from the sport it is a sad thing to here so much twisted bitterness , better to put you efforts into somethimg constructive like catching so we can all enjoy the best fishing in the country that we are so lucky to have in the SW . Maybe reading lessons would help with getting through sea angler, there are some big words in there. Tight lines ps the boy has some keystage 4 books from school which you are welcom to ;) ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey we are entitled do have are own opinion and its true in what some of you say why buy it if only to moan about it

But come on please is it really Necessarily to use such language like telling him he is full of s**t and that he moans very time he catches **** all and probably like his dick and to call him a sad loser.

People who use such language I think should GET A LIFE............ OK that is my moan over and done with :eek:

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Agree with your sentiments Ghosty but I also had a quick look back at Rocklings' posts and he seems like a thoroughly objectionable individual who fully deserves the shoeing he's just had.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
i got a reel on offer in that mag and i caught some belters on it. i also read the whole thing from cover to cover. two of our forum members are in it this month (aug) ok it is not as good as this site but it is worth the money.
why don't you go and get a rosy & jim dvd, that may help you chill out :D

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Ghosty said:
Hey we are entitled do have are own opinion and its true in what some of you say why buy it if only to moan about it

But come on please is it really Necessarily to use such language like telling him he is full of **** and that he moans very time he catches **** all and probably like his dick and to call him a sad loser.

People who use such language I think should GET A LIFE............ OK that is my moan over and done with :eek:
good point ghosty, you don't moan when you do not catch anything, which is every time you go fishing :D
but as for going off at him the way people have, well it might be todd so that's ok :D

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I can understand a lot of experienced anglers being a bit down on Sea Angler because they can get quite repetative with the articles. As a newbie to sea angling I have found the mag along with this site extremely helpful.

Just a thought on the licence thing. What about the multi billion pound companies (Daiwa, Abu etc. etc.) whose bank balances we all feed give something towards the marine up keep?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Does anyone seriously think that paying £22 for a new tax um I mean licence will improve fishing in any way at all?

·
Banned
132 Posts
£22 that's just for you , I'll end up paying for my crew as well as there both pensioners and that will cost me £66 .
what are we going to get.
we have to pay to use slip ways. theres parts of the coast that are being closed to us and there is no fish anyway.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Starts to get expensive doesn't it, but lte's just say a million fishermen and women pay up. That's £22, 000,000 which let's face it you could live on for a while. But someone's got to enforce it and that means checking licences so we'll have to have bailiffs; say a salary, including pensions etc (public sector employees remember) of £22k a year - makes the maths easier, so our £22m buys 1000 bailiffs to police over 11,000 miles of coastline giving them 110 miles each to look after doesn't sound too bad, difficult but not impossible; but hang on a minute they're going to have to have wheels and because they may be in difficult terrain probably a 4x4. New Land Rover or Toyota c£20,000 so that leaves us with roughly 500 enforcers (200 miles each). But this isn't the end of it what about a head office, regional offices, admin staff, computers, stationery, telephones and all the other paraphanalia associated with running a Government bureaucracy and all of a sudden you're looking for extra money to collect, run and police the thing. SO WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING TO COME FROM TO MAKE OUR SPORT ANY BETTER

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As some of you have asked, I have probably had more specimen fish than most of you have had hot dinners - I dont say this to brag just to make you aware that I am talking from experience. This is why I find it disgusting to see piles of dead dogfish and bags of tiny flounder presented in the pages of the "rag". This is at odds with the catch and release shimano mission comp which oddly mostly includes dead fish.

In addition. why does everyone not mind paying £33 a year for 69 pages of adverts per month and yet find it so awful to pay £22 for a sea angling licence? This licence could result in better inshore fisheries management to benefit species that we enjoy catching. Those that cannot see the politics of "buying a voice" and funding effective enforcement are totally small minded thickies who probably think nothing of going to the pub and piddling £30 against a wall. Most of these thickies are also proabably unaware of sea fisheries committees that anglers should currently have a voice on - so who represents your sport on your local committee - do you know?

So, no-one has yet put together a plausible response as to what sea angler has actually done to fight for sea angling or why a sea fishing licence is such a travesty? Come on then - give me a proper response if you can.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts