World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tried subscribing to Sea Angler to get the free gift, and I've been called back saying they are no longer doing subscriptions for the magazine, could this be the begining of their downfall? Anyone know the reasons why. In my opinion the mag has gone downhill in the last year or so, becoming more of a tackle advertiser than printing some good features on fishing marks etc.

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,622 Posts
unsure about why mate - but welcome to the WSF forums - looking forward to your future reports.......

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
i agree with you m8 its all adverts and the same old questions i stopped buying it seven years ago when i give up sea fishing then last year decided to start up again so bought sea angler to get all the latest info looked at it was the same old stuff from 10 years ago had more help with problems on ere and places to fish then any mag can offer tight lines dai

·
Registered
184 Posts
i agree with you m8 its all adverts and the same old questions i stopped buying it seven years ago when i give up sea fishing then last year decided to start up again so bought sea angler to get all the latest info looked at it was the same old stuff from 10 years ago had more help with problems on ere and places to fish then any mag can offer tight lines dai
agree with that 100%,ive learnt more in the short time ive been a member on here than in years of reading the boring repetitive mags,i find them quite condecending with the droll dribble they prattle on about month in month out,and the reviews !!! bloody hell !!,if you want an accurate honest review look on here,if it was in my interest (future ad's generating more dosh ) i'd give everything a good review would'nt you ?,who better to ask about a product than the people spending there hard earned money buying it.
save your money use this site,think of the money you will save in a year and how much tackle and bait you could by with the money instead.
SORRY to have a rant but i do feel better now !!!.:preachon: :)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
It has been full of ads for many years, hence I have not purchased a copy for the same number of years. When all the Penn stuff came out, designed by Black Beard, every other page was "Penn this" "Penn that". All tackle dealers were giving away a 525 mag if you bought a Penn rod. I am sure Sea Angler had shares in Penn back then! :spiteful:

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I Think From What Ive Heard There Doing A Big Move In The Next Few Month. Thats The Reason They Have Brought It It Earlier! Just To Get All The Loose Ends Sorted! Dont Worry I Dont Thinkit Will Be Going Anywhere.

Cheers Stu

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Don't forget the 'other one'.

Rumour has it some of the 'Southern Softies' feature in next months 'live boat trip' in TSF (out Friday week - 13th).

Wait another month for some ideas about 'float' fishing.

I think the main difference between SA and TSF is that the TSF lads fish and cast!

Ada
Yeah and Daz Tailor made such a good job of being Editor as well:g:

·
Registered
122 Posts
yes i prefare tsf and use to like daz challenge. what i like about tsf they blank and still report about it and daz had a laugh about it. but i agree i dont post a lot on the fishing side of forum but read reports and advice off you all and lernt a lot like to say thank you to all of you been helpfulkl with your advice

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
i aint bought a copy for years unless im in asda,then i pick it up have a read,camera phone the tide table,then put it back on the shelf :)

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
you can still subscribe to sea dangler, i cancelled mine then decided to re subscribe so, i went on-line.
I used to have a quarterly direct debit with them but now they only offer monthly or yearly, so i chose monthly at £2.20 per month (still cheaper than shops)

Click here to visit sea angler magazine

·
Registered
116 Posts
i aint bought a copy for years unless im in asda,then i pick it up have a read,camera phone the tide table,then put it back on the shelf :)
Lmfao :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Bought a stack of oooold S.A.s and cut out the interesting articles for a reference/scarp book. I've also bought more recent issues and can say the technical content has gone downhill, what is constant is the questions from us, but the volume has declined. Cheers, Tony O-P.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
i get my subscription, read it for a month and then store them in my bedroom, when the mrs moans about my magazines cluttering up, i bin them, pointless keeping,what they publish for this season will be the same for the that season next year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts