World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well heres my review of this months sea angler mag

59 pages of adverts

3 pages of a section named (Clams a deadly winter bait) last time i checked we are in spring!and the rest well not much good ! theres an odd couple of intresting bits.

cheers stu

· Registered
79 Posts
last month there were 60 pages of ads in sea angler mostly for english shops etc,maybe time for a scottish sea angling mag of our own,if there is one out there please tell me and i will buy that instead and if not why not....:g: ..who cares how the fishing is in cornwall when you live in edinburgh?

G

·
Why bother even considering a 'new' mag. You'd only get people on here bitching about it reviewing the same marks, tackle etc etc all the time. ;)

· Registered
1,105 Posts
There is a very ugly picture of HA holding up a rather attractive Plaice, but other than that, waste of space.

· Registered
5,558 Posts
Good point Paul, do the people posting their complaints here write to SA to express their concerns or do they use the forum as a place to have a moan?

Every month we have the same thread, SA is this, it is that, it is full of adverts. Sorry but this is not the place for such comments, either write directly to Mel Russ or stop buying it.

Simple really when you think about it.

G

·
ps what would scotltish sea angler have - haggis feathering and cod fishing?
Same as your county... pasty featherin and insest reports ;)

I personally like SA and get it every month. Its something to read when i am bored at work and tbh you don't get people bitchin at you in it :D

· Registered
2,102 Posts
Same as your county... pasty featherin and insest reports ;)

I personally like SA and get it every month. Its something to read when i am bored at work and tbh you don't get people bitchin at you in it :D
yeh i dont mind reading it if im on the bus, like lookin at the pics at the end and thinking grrrrrrr alan yates is an ugly fecker though.

· Registered
79 Posts
going by the sea angler a new scottish fishing mag should know what not to do to satisfy its readership,personaly i would like a page on the web or mag dedicated to scottish marks,how to get to them,when to fish them etc....the info that matters.so what it may get ripped apart all things do but i know what i would rather read when im having a sit down.......:)

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Same as why I keep buying cigarettes

· Registered
3,506 Posts
The best thing any new sea angling mag could do is publish 64 blank pages and supply it with a box of crayons. Then all the fantasists and know-alls on here could produce their own masturbatory material

· Registered
37 Posts
I buy it, i quite enjoy reading it to be honest at the end of the day it's 3 quid, less than a quid a week what else entertainment wise can you get for that.

I say if you don't like it don't buy, don't read it you no what the format is going to be.

Barrie

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.