World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone read this months mag about all the cod fishing in norway. biggest 51lbs by dave lewis(well done mate).just recieved my holiday mag from the company bit to pricey for me but it gives us something to dream about on monday mornings when were at work.back to ireland next year for me,intends to do a spot of shore fishing this time as well as the boats.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i want 2 try ireland, have been offered by my bro in law, he goes every year. he says it is totally different compared to here. do u no much about it nat.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when we know all the details will let you know .fishing over their is another world compared to the south wales coast.

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,007 Posts
Check out the Irish pages poacher, give you a sense of what is achievable over there. Counties, Kerry, Cork and Donegal produce for us on a consistent basis as does the port of Kilmore Quay. Kilmore would be the most convenient for you guys if you don't want to travel too far, dead easy to get to, drive to Pembroke Dock or Fishguard, hop on ferry, couple of hours over the Irish Sea, quick 20 minute drive to Kilmore and you're there! Recommend you stay in Kimore, the Quay House, can't really beat it, best pub (pint and food) Kehoes (as people will recall I mention this place often;)) Couple of lads from this forum went last year a week before we did, can't remember who it was though! Plenty of places to fish both off shore and shore and you can mostly get out with the weather. But as with everywhere, weather is always a pain! Plenty of charter boats too.
If you want anymore info, I can dig out some e-mail addys, phone numbers out for you.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/ireland/

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
thanks 4 that info mike, my bro in laws coming round with some details of places in ireland, next week. so will no more then m8.he used 2 live in ireland 4 a couple of years. but i will no more after his visit..

·
Registered
188 Posts
You could also try this place fab fishing lots of boats there doing dailys,its a couple of miles from cork and its cheaper than some of the more known places

·
Registered
22 Posts
i go to ireland every year, fishing is excellent wether from shore or beach,plus all beaches are signposted with actuall species of fish that are catchable on each beach,one port of call for me EAST CORK ANGLING CENTRE,run by Bryan +Cheryl Byrne, (loughcarrig house) Midleton co cork. good hosts good fishing, excellent accomidation. will even pick you up from airport. take u to and from local pub thats 20yrds from when u step off boat 1 mile from house.

WWW.loughcarrig.com

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,007 Posts
Couldn't agree more codfather! Brian and Cheryl are very dear friends of ours, Brian, and I'm not just saying this, is probably one of the best skippers we've ever been out with. Loughcarrig House houses some excellent accommodation, and the Cork area has excellent fishing too. Although, we popped in quickly on our way back from Kerry this year and the sad news is that for the moment Murphs (the pub you're talking about) has closed. I know I couldn't belive it, a pub closed in Ireland! Did a mean Guinness too...

I doubt you are, but we were doing a feature and radio program over there around 3 years ago, don't suppose you where the guy who was over with his father, from Swansea, and one of you caught a Sea Scorpion :D ?? It's a long shot :D I think there was a Ryan Air pilot onboard too? Like I said, its a long shot!

·
Registered
22 Posts
yes it was me and my father,if iremember right wasnt Norman dunlop on the boat with us as well. hoping to be going over next september.have to give brian a ring in the new year,keep up the good work best wishes for crimbo to you and your family.(hope the pubs open)

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,007 Posts
How's about that then! Small world! Yes Stormin' Norman was aboard that day! I've forgotten what we caught sadly, I just remembered the sea scorpion. We had blonde ray too at one stange, just can't remember which day that was! Great to hear from you and I hope you continue to enjoy using the forum and chat room if you ever get chance.

Best wishes to you and your family for xmas and new year!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts