World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lads,

What are your views on "Sea Angling Magazines"?

Up until recently I subscribed to "Sea Angler" and "Total Sea Fishing" and bought "Boat Fishing" as and when.

Due to the biased articles written over the years by the same contributers I cancelled my subscriptions and now only buy on occasions. Time after time some articles in Total Sea Fishing were completely out of date and contained wrong information. The classic example was the review on the Gemini Uptide Rods which had been withdrawn from the market at least a year before.

Your comments would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Drew

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Beefcake,

You would be better investing your money in a good sea angling book rather than a subscription to a sea angling magazine. A good book will give you more information than a magazine. All you ever need to know about rig making ect. would be contained in the book and not spread over at least half a dozen magazines.

One of the most important thing you must learn, and that is how to tie a good knot. I always use the Double Grinner, it is easy to tie and will never let you down, and not only that, it can be used for practically everything. There are many other knots that you will have to use for different occasions, but these will come in time.

Before buying a book have a look in your local library, it must have a good selection in the sea angling section. If not, then ask them to get some for you. That way you will save even more money to spend on your tackle.

Hope this helps for now.

Cheers

Drew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.