World Sea Fishing Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
How did you get on in these areas of the Thames? I live in Greenwich and have been tempted try for something around here.
Hey mate
It's been some time I last tried and have to say that I gave it up, I've been however on a quest to catch mullet in Bow Creek but they're elusive as hell.
I used to live in Greenwich too now I'm North Greenwich if youd be up for some lure action.
Dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
I used to live in Teddington and the Thames is tidal all the way to Teddington Lock. There are reported to be good Zander around the lock.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I used to live in Teddington and the Thames is tidal all the way to Teddington Lock. There are reported to be good Zander around the lock.
I fish quite regularly from Richmond and up, great lure spot. The good Zander are usually under the wier and can only be accessed by boat and trolling/livebait.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks Nick,
Certainly, I would cast near structures as they naturally ofrer more in regards of food and protection, Biscuit. But I believe the Thames is quite shallow and its bottom rocky. . I dont know about the Docklands area like Isle of Dogs for instance, I believe it must be a concrete bottom idk... I dont remember having good experiences with deep divers but experimentation is key of course...
Around twenty years ago I was working on the Embankment, and used to stroll the river at lunchtime. I got talking to a guy lure fishing up at the Lots Road power station, which used to supply all the power for the tube. He showed me photos of the sea trout he had caught there, biggest 8lb. He said carp were also attracted to the warm water outet. Unfortunately, that was years ago, and the power station is now closed, but it just shows what's possible, but not many even try. My mate had 140lb of roach and dace just upstream of Westminster, at low tide, all good fish.
As far as lure fishing goes I would try when there's not too much fresh coming down, and don't be too put off by the colour. Obviously clear water is preferred but I've caught on lures (bass/trout/salmon) when visibility was down to 6", the hardest part is keeping your confidence up, but once you've caught....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey mate
It's been some time I last tried and have to say that I gave it up, I've been however on a quest to catch mullet in Bow Creek but they're elusive as hell.
I used to live in Greenwich too now I'm North Greenwich if youd be up for some lure action.
Dave
Yeah, that sounds great. Cheers! I picked the worst time to get into fishing (beginning of lock down), so I've spent months watching videos and convincing myself I need to buy all these different lures and kit. I've now been sea fishing a few times, but I'm a serious case of 'all the gear, but no idea'.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in East London. Would love to meet up fish with other lure fishermen new to the sport.
Landed my first perch on Savage Gear Perch Pro soft lures. I am hooked!
Would love to fish for seabass in London.

·
Registered
14,892 Posts
No such thing as “ C Bass” in the UK unless you are one of the up their own backside resauranteurs, or wannabe chefs ( cooks)

They are just Bass.

Never heard of C cod or C haddock or C pouting etcetc.

Dave

21 - 30 of 30 Posts