World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Discussion Starter #1
Just been watching Rick Stein fishing for bass "Halfway between England and France". The chap he was fishing with had his line going straight down into the sea and pulled up a big bass. In its mouth was a lure I believe is called a plug, (it looked like a small fish). I thought the idea of this type of lure was to lob it away from the boat as far as you could and then reel in slowly with the lure just below the surface. Could someone please explain the technique? Cheers, Tony. :unsure:

1,294 Posts
there are many diffrent types of lures
some sink,floatsemi-boyant.

i didnt see the programe but it sounds like it was either a rubber eel or a pirk / ripper they used if they was that far out into the channel

mackdoogle ;)
1 - 3 of 3 Posts