World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi anyone here owned or has a sea eagle 166? I am looking for feedback on what you guys think of them, I have a old pilot 590 i think, its very similar to that but with a flatter triple hull and the wilson flyer like fly screen, any info much appreciated

thanks
Spike

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have a sea eagle 166, good sturdy boat, but does slap a bit, and gets a bit wet in the swells though! Thats the only fault I can find with it really. But when calm she will do 24 knotts with 3 on board off a Yam 50. Floats in a few inches of water. I have fished 4 people on board comfortably, but no chance on 5. Modernised mine a fair bit, seating wise and electrics. Personaly I would go for something with a deep v hull, possibly warrior or endeavour, but thats my personal choice. At the mo I am very happy with it!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks very much for that, just bought one and am looking forwards to giving her a run around the gower etc through the summer maybe see you out there!!

cheers
Spike

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just give us a shout on 16, if I am out there shall definately meet. Mostly fish around the Gower, launching from Port Eynon. Hope you enjoy the boat and catch some good fish on her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts