World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am possibly moving to the area around beccles/bungay and would like to know if there is access to fishing places bearing in mind Ihave a walking disability. at present Ifish at hythe in kent. I need easy parking and the need to walk with fishing equipment. to be short.
Thank-you
redwolf.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Try Dunwich.

You can park up close to the beach and the walk is not too far..........

Southwold Harbour might be worth a try as well.... easy car access and you are right on the harbour........

Enjoy !

Have had some fairly good results from these places too..............

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know its North Suffolk (or is it South Norfolk?) but Gorleston is another good bet. The pier is concrete with several parking spaces on it.

You can park on the pier and then choose whether to fish in the River Yare or the sea. Either way, you only have to walk 20 or 30 yards at most!!

Likewise, there are several other places along the River where you can park and fish.

The river was fishing well a few weeks ago, but I don't know how its been more recently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi redwolf.
i am a new boy to sea fishing looking forward to my first time out.
i have freshwater fished for a long time .
my brother in law and have a boat at oulton broad for long weekends out on the river.
but as i wish to have a go at sea fishing and he is disabled (can not walk without his crouches) he is tacking me on the pier if you ave a disabled ticket for your car you can get on to the pier. and you can apply for a key to get on at eny time.
if not they will let you on and off in daylight hours.
i hope i have not gone on to long.
eny help with fishing this spot will be a help.
thanks
mick

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yup Southwold and Gorleston both good bets you can get tickets to fish the pier at Southwold. Not sure where you will be but Alburgh isnt to bad either

1 - 7 of 7 Posts