World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D763F445-0224-499F-8323-D5C61312F81C.jpeg

Hey, just curious I would like to go fishing more but can’t travel often. I live close to Truro and I know there’s some pretty big openings around Tresillian in Truro and around Malpas. I’ve seen people say they have caught bass and flounder around Tresillian. I’m just curious what would class as sea fishing and what would be classed as river fishing? I do only have sea fishing gear. The main Tresillian river which flows from the petrol station in Tresillian to Malpas and all the way to Truro. Can this river be fished with sea equipment, Baits and lures without a licence? Someone said it’s okay to fish with sea equipment as long as it’s a tidal, is this true? Thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, you can fish it. I'd have thought you'd do better at the Malpas end but I've never tried the stretch you are referring to. Tresillian end might hold mullet, looks like it would. The whole area form Turnaware bar up is a nursery area for bass so you'd need to return any caught. I've seen bass, mullet, gilthead bream, flounder, mackerel, scad and dogfish caught in the area around Malpas marina over the years. I'm sure other species will have put in an appearance. I recon ragworm would be your best all round bait, plenty of places you could dig a few around there. Its crab city there though so something to keep your bait off the bottom might be useful.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Agree with above, its a salt water estuary, so you don't need a rod license to fish it. Look around Malpas for Sunny Corner its a easy spot to get to for you if you can't travel far. Fish a few hours either side of HW on a neap tide. One rod with rag if targeting the flounder and one with lug if you are targeting the golden ninja's. If you get crabbed out try getting some peeler, they won't touch that!

·
Registered
23,135 Posts
Theres mullet by the garage at tressilian for sure!!!!

Reactions: Damion Fryer
1 - 7 of 7 Posts