World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
Just returned from my 3rd trip fishing and have drawn another blank. (only one fish yet alb Pollock plugging)
Does anyone provide or know someone who provides coaching on sea fishing in the yorkshire area.
Any help appreciated
Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'd suggest asking on the regional forum page, and say where you fish and what method.

Plugging can be especially tricky, as in deep water plugs may not go deep enough a dexter wedge or weighted shad could be better.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi there
Just returned from my 3rd trip fishing and have drawn another blank. (only one fish yet alb Pollock plugging)
Does anyone provide or know someone who provides coaching on sea fishing in the yorkshire area.
Any help appreciated
Cheers
Richard
Dont be disheartened We have all experienced this at 1st , i started off driving 130-500+ miles each trip to try new marks all over the coastline blanking on several occasions , what i started to learn about the ocean is its very big and unpredictable place ,so you need several methods and tactics to fish to make it productive , i dont know how you were fishing , maybe you were trying everything!! but thats what i do now , im not buying £50-60 worth of petrol to get to a mark and blank NO way.... so i take everything at my disposal maybe a bit OTT but i haven't blanked for the last 18years ,the previous years dont count because i was learning all the tricks!! this time of year i will take
spinning gear loads of plugs dexters etc , float gear , bottom fishing gear , every bait i can get my hands on fresh and frozen , and just recently ive invested in some salt fly gear Why not!!
every trip can be a learning curve , studying the marks at high and low water can give you an idea were the fish might be for example:- on a holiday trip to Brixam Devon with my family one year we were stopping at a Haven site , the sea was walking distance from our caravan
so during the day it was low water we all went to the beach , like normal families do with bucket and spades towels etc , i sat studying the beach the part i was interested in was were the sand turned to be mixed with biggish rocks and out further was several very big rocks about the size of a small car i made a note of were these were so as not to be casting on too them later at high water .
Later that evening the family settled for the night and off to the beach i went with some nice juicy ragworms and some squid , all the rocks were now out of site so my 1st cast went on to the smaller ones i had my eye on i thought THATS were there gonna be feeding ......so 1st cast about 5 miniuts later bang my rod tip went , to a scoolie bass about 1lb
that was my 1st ever sea bass!! 2nd cast 3rd cast now two rods out
, both rods went!! 2 more scoolies! bit bigger this time , the light was now starting to go and the fishing just did not stop till my bait run out!!
i had 8 scoolies and a few decent pouting , i kept 2 of the bass they were just in size to keep , great session.......DONT GIVE UP......

SPIKYDOG :fishing::fishing:

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Check-out Phil Arnott on this site. A better sea angler I have yet to meet, he is also a qualified L2 coach, so you will be in safe hands.

PTR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts