World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting fed up of switching the box on each morning to find the same old cycle of Matt Hayes, John Wilson, Rex Hunt and Nick (I actually know bugger all about fishing) Fisher on the box. The only solace is when they occasionally show repeats of Henry's programs.

When will they realise that thousands of people sea fish as well as coarse fish, but we seem to be ignored. Surely it would not cost the earth to produce a series with a sea expert (Mike Thrussell, Steve Allmark etc.).

Perhaps it could be a series where they visit a different area of the UK each week, targeting different species. I'm sure everyone on here would watch that.

Does anyone think that they will take any notice of viewers requests for these types of program, or are they only interested in programs where they can just whack an old DVD in, sit back and keep on charging us X amount to watch the same stuff each week. :mad:

L

·
0 Posts
be careful what you wish for - they might put liam Dale on!:yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Not much chance of that...I had to work with the bu££er to get across the info that i wanted to impart in the early 90's. I now have rather more influence in these matters.

philtherod

·
Registered
184 Posts
:clap3: :clap3:
I'm getting fed up of switching the box on each morning to find the same old cycle of Matt Hayes, John Wilson, Rex Hunt and Nick (I actually know bugger all about fishing) Fisher on the box. The only solace is when they occasionally show repeats of Henry's programs.

When will they realise that thousands of people sea fish as well as coarse fish, but we seem to be ignored. Surely it would not cost the earth to produce a series with a sea expert (Mike Thrussell, Steve Allmark etc.).

Perhaps it could be a series where they visit a different area of the UK each week, targeting different species. I'm sure everyone on here would watch that.

Does anyone think that they will take any notice of viewers requests for these types of program, or are they only interested in programs where they can just whack an old DVD in, sit back and keep on charging us X amount to watch the same stuff each week. :mad:
bang on mate,each to there own i guess,but your right every program with the odd exception caters for puddle fishing,perhaps there not up to standing on a exposed coastline all day or night.!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
i have to agree,apart from Henry Gilbey series there is nowt on,i got some of his shows in my planner and i watch at least one a night,oh i need to get out more!!

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
I put a post on here last year regarding a sea fishing expert fishing different areas of England with a novice angler of the region. I even e-mailed a television company that makes fishing programmes and was told they only produce what discovery wants made. so i emailed discovery channel and never got a reply. i also e-mailed mel Russ at sea angler without any reply.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
submit a request to sky, there was an advert with them a while back asking people did they want to appear in programmes about their hobbies/pastimes themselves, you never know.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Boycot the bbc we pay our fee,s they might just listen lol and give us all some good viewing....
Just think if we all email the bbc they just might listen , a LOT of sea anglers out there..

Richard..

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Boycot the bbc we pay our fee,s they might just listen lol and give us all some good viewing....
Just think if we all email the bbc they just might listen , a LOT of sea anglers out there..

Richard..
Dont hold your breath, all they want is sit back in a very big chair, plenty dosh
and bugger you mate, just keep on pumping out the same old C----rp, nothing changes == PAT

·
Registered
366 Posts
What I personally would like to see is a Sea Fishing Program, Runtime half an hour. With more emphasis on General Shore Angling... I'd be happy enough to watch Steve Allmark haul dabs all day long.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
i enjoy watching any fishing :p but i must agree id rather watch more sea fishing still was watching matt hayes fishing for tuna look amazing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts