World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

as you can all see, I am really new here and I have not sea fished in UK before. I have been told about sea bass but I am sure there are loads more interesting fish to catch.

Any pointers on where to go and what to fish for this coming summer?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
hi

as you can all see, I am really new here and I have not sea fished in UK before. I have been told about sea bass but I am sure there are loads more interesting fish to catch.

Welcome to the site mate, what part of London do you live?

·
Registered
242 Posts
hi there not really sure in london but if you don't mind a little travel theres eirth pier and if you come out of london a little further you get to gravesend where i'm from some good fishing to be had down this way when it gets a little warmer and theres a tackle shop to get your bait from. The train station is not to far from the water as well.
matt:)

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
its not bad when it's cold either matt

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks For that. I live in Blackheath so Gravesend is not too much of a treck for me. What fish will I be targeting. Please tell me what part of gravesend to go, what fish to try and catch and what methods to sue -thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I'm also new to the forum and have only just taken up fishing. I live in Eltham (Not far from Makubwa) and have fish in Erith, Rochester, Chatham, Dover, Hythe.

I'm also interested in Gravesend and other fishing spots along that stretch of the Thames estuary. Please let us have a list of location and we'll definitely give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi there,
You can fish a few different places around gravesend the simple thing to do is do a quick search on this forum and it will tell you every thing you need to know about the area including the tackle shop. this time of year the bass will start to show the dabs and eels are around and peelers are the best for the eels but don't count out the good old lug and squid.
matt

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
hi

hi, welcome to the site

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I'm also new to the forum and have only just taken up fishing. I live in Eltham (Not far from Makubwa) and have fish in Erith, Rochester, Chatham, Dover, Hythe.

I'm also interested in Gravesend and other fishing spots along that stretch of the Thames estuary. Please let us have a list of location and we'll definitely give it a try.

Thanks in advance.
welcome to the site, cancau

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Brighton Marina is worth a visit in the summer. There's free parking avilable in the multi-storey car park at the marina and bait available in the Tackle Box. You can fish there 24/7 unless the weathers bad and they have to close the arms for safety reasons.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the welcome dabcatcher.

We too are thinking of heading down to Brighton/Shoreham one weekend. In fact, we went boat fishing in Littlehampton a few weeks back and might go again this Sunday. A bit of a drive for us though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hi cancau i fish gravesend often if u fancy a trip pm me upnor is just down the road from gravesend and erith peir is closer but aint fishing to well at moment you also got medway city estate lots of choice mate you just need to do a bit of homework:secret: :g:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi topbanana2,

I've fished by the bridge near Rochester castle a couple of times in April, but not sure if that's the best place for fishing around that area. I think Upnor is just a further up but not sure 'cos I'm not local.

Went to Erith Pier yesterday but no luck.

With reference to Gravesend, is "Royal Pier Road" the place to fish or are there several venues? Much appreciate your help. Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have been to Rochester, not sure about the bridge you are reffering to, what fish may I expect to catch there..

·
Registered
19 Posts
cancau theres is a few marks at gravesend the beach by dentons wharf is my favorite or just a bit further up towards shorneand im also from eltham mate so if you fancy a trip 1 day let me know

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
A few places to try in Rochester. By the civic centre just over the bridge towards strood. If your going over the bridge take the first turn immediately left after the lights at the end of the bridge. In front of you is the river. Try there for a few different species.

Or you could try under the motorway bridge by the cinema/bingo and Amadeus night club. Fish close in to the pillars for a chance of a bass or eel. Sole show up there as well but it may be a bit early yet.

Sun pier is another place in chatham.

Across from Sun pier is a cargo / wood exporters (cant remember the name) try off the wall where you can park the cars near the river there. Go through the industrial estate to get there.

Upnor by the yacht club.

hope that helps :)

All of the above can be "Googled" for exact locations.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Brilliant, thanks for the advice, I will look into it asap, you see I don't drive in this country so am stuck with public transport which is a nightmare when you want to go fishing...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts