World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Technically not for this forum I suppose but out of interest has anyone tried wild sea kale? I was down at Eastney beach yesterday and theres lots of the stuff growing on the shingle banked up by the road. I'd be a bit concerned about the dog pee but suppose its ok if boiled enough. Has anyone tried it? Got any recipes?
Bon appetit!

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
Technically not for this forum I suppose but out of interest has anyone tried wild sea kale? I was down at Eastney beach yesterday and theres lots of the stuff growing on the shingle banked up by the road. I'd be a bit concerned about the dog pee but suppose its ok if boiled enough. Has anyone tried it? Got any recipes?
Bon appetit!
I don't think I fancy eating anything from down there! Its not just the dogs that use them as a toilet. :yucky:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
its ok, rather strong version of kale, just cut out the tough central stalk, shred and treat the same as cabbage, some like cabbage just done, others like it practically soft.
samphire can also be picked and treated the same as sparrowgrass. very nice it is too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts