World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great day out on the Sea Leopard with John. This was our first go at at boat charter and John came highly recommended. We had great weather and a reasonable haul of fish though not massive but what a great day.

John was an excellent skipper and guided us with clearing birds nests as well as tying knots and rigs. He also did a top job in getting us over some fish and helping us net the catch.

Top of the day was the youngest of the mob William who hooked into a nice 14lb Cod whilst jigging some Hokki Shrimps.

6 of us brought home, 1 Pollock, 6 cod, 2 gurnard, 2 John Dory and 24 Mackies. We had a good mixed bag of fish and a good craic. 2 boys aged 11 and 13 thoroughly chuffed with their day and the haul and some grown ups beaming from ear to ear too . The action died out in the afternoon after high water and we scratched for fish and lost a few but a great day out.

As for what the fish were taking well pretty much anything, the Pollack to an orange muppet, cod to blue sidewinders/ mackerel shads as well as Hokki Shrimps and Gurnard to anything that moved and the two Dory to blue shads
We shall return....

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both about 12 to 14 inches nose to tail, spectacular fish and I have a pic but the quality is poor when I shrink it down. PM me and I can em to you a pic of John with a Dory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts