World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi do anyone have one of theese boat if so what are they like in the water i have one but have not been out in it yet some say they are ok but any advise would be greatfull

CHEERS

·
Registered
676 Posts
which one have you got ?

·
Registered
676 Posts
great seaboats but slow i had the open boat with a 10hp 4 stroke on it went any where , sits nice on the anchor as well

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a Sea Nymph and rate it a very sea-worthy boat, not a fast boat due to the displacement hull design, about 7/8 knots will be your maximum speed, and a 20 hp is more than enough to achieve this. I have a Mercury 25 hp and only ever run at 1/3 throttle, due to the engine well design once you have arrived at 7/8 knots the more power you deliver to the boat only results in the stern getting lower in the water, due to the engine being a couple of feet forward of a traditional transom and the fact that it is not a planing hull, that said, I don't believe you could be in a safer boat for its size, I hope this helps and will be happy to answer any other questions, regards Steve.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got a 9.8 evenrude on mine i have heard they are not very steady at anchour but the way you lads are seying it should be ok thanks for the boost as i was goin to get rid of it :hug:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Whoever told you that was probably not aware of the type of Sea Nymph you have, which were made by T.S. Marine of Southampton in the early to mid 80's, however there is also another type primarily made and imported from USA which are made from aluminimum and are flat bottomed ( like a punt ). Mainly used for still water lure or fly fishing they are notoriously unstable at anchor. You have the right one my friend, regards Steve.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whoever told you that was probably not aware of the type of Sea Nymph you have, which were made by T.S. Marine of Southampton in the early to mid 80's, however there is also another type primarily made and imported from USA which are made from aluminimum and are flat bottomed ( like a punt ). Mainly used for still water lure or fly fishing they are notoriously unstable at anchor. You have the right one my friend, regards Steve.
Cheers m8:marinheir

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have the same type boat and use it all year round either in milford haven waterway or out to sea marks off st anns head very happy and a good sea keeping boat powered by a suzuki 28 mostly at 1/2 or 1/3 power gives me about 8/9 knots i've move the fuel tank in to the center of boat in to one of the seat boxes (vented) and also same with batterys to give more deck room and a less stern down ride sits very nice now evan with a good swell running

have fun

·
Registered
438 Posts
search some of my posts should be some pics of mine in action:boat:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts