World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished: 8.45 a.m. 'til 15.30 p.m. Three men in a boat.
High Water: 13.52 p.m
Bait: Frozen party squid, James S-H frozen peeler.
Weather: Mist early on. Wind light. Variable north then west.
Sea: Slight, coloured close in
Weed: Bulk red weed close in at midday.Boarderline unfishable. None further out.
Catch: 16 Smoothhound to 6lb 9oz, 1 mackerel.

We went out with an idea to fish latex on the drift for bass but there was still a lot of colour after this weeks wind. Set the anchor and we had some starry and commons in the boat straight away to about 5 and a half pounds. They were coming in pretty fast on both peeler and squid. After and hour and half we had a bit of a lull and drifted around several different marks to no avail. Tried a few casts upside the reefs and drew a blank with bottom baits. Best smoothie to Ian at 6lb 9oz (weighed) after a stonking take and scrap. Caught hounds at three different marks so they are pretty well all over inside a mile or so out.

Three mates were out in the other boat and did pretty well. They tried a few different places including a couple of local wrecks.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
good report nige and fantastic pics looked like a super place to be just give the smuts a nudge inshore next time your out lol

·
Registered
258 Posts
nice report Nige. Good to see you out there. I am starting to wish i had worn more sun cream now! after you left we ended up with a few more smoothies and a couple of small bass. I would like to congratulate Andy for catching his first smoothound and Olly for being the only person in known history to have been sea sick on a mill pond! :clap2: hahaha!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good report nige and fantastic pics looked like a super place to be just give the smuts a nudge inshore next time your out lol
Fingers crossed they'll get in to the beach Neil. 5 day forecast might do the trick, we'll see. There was huge amounts of red weed closer in though.

nice report Nige. Good to see you out there. I am starting to wish i had worn more sun cream now! after you left we ended up with a few more smoothies and a couple of small bass. I would like to congratulate Andy for catching his first smoothound and Olly for being the only person in known history to have been sea sick on a mill pond! :clap2: hahaha!
T'was warm, we were greased up and sat under the broll. Did you get 6 or 7 species in the end? Spall beach was packed on the way in. I'm pleased for Andy - well fished mate. All fired up for next week.

·
Registered
37 Posts
nice report bluejacket, sounds like you guys had alot off fun and action out there :clap2: some really nice smoothies we didnt get 1 all day :g:

also do you know what the make and model of that boat is? as i have the same one and have no idea on what it is?

and well done on making history for being sea sick as it literally was glass :clap:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice report bluejacket, sounds like you guys had alot off fun and action out there :clap2: some really nice smoothies we didnt get 1 all day :g:

also do you know what the make and model of that boat is? as i have the same one and have no idea on what it is?

and well done on making history for being sea sick as it literally was glass :clap:

Mikey_909, I'll let the skip reply to the first part of your post if that's OK. Were you in the Polish Dory or on the beach? Where abouts did you fish? Next up you'll tell me you caught a load of bass! Eh, and it was far from glass out there most of the day.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ok thanks bj, i got the date wrong we fished yesterday, lol. no bass either although thats what we were targetting, we fished about 5 miles out from morston and caught 4 plaice, and a 11lb 9oz thornback ray which is my first too :thumbs:

i will get a picture and better report once i upload the camera on other pc.

really hoping on the make and model though have been searching for years :sad2: ive just put it down as a old school seahog lol

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Well done BJ, nice report again mate, looked really nice out there.

AL ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts