World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
<font color='#000000'>That&#39;s a question I&#39;ve asked many people. Unless you can find a competent marine sea trout angler I&#39;m afraid you&#39;re on your own. My suggestions are:-

1. Find the fish. Walk the coast, or even better, choose a venue and sit there for an hour. If fish are around they will show themselves eventually. We&#39;ve a lot of coastal fish down my way. They seem to like sandy bays, rocky bays, headlands, estuaries i.e. just about everywhere. The only thing I would say is they don&#39;t seem to show over deep water marks.

2. If you find some fish try every type of lure/fly you can in every type of condition - rough/calm, high tide/low tide, night/day etc. The only thing I will add is a friend of mine who catches his share of sea trout has had success by matching the size of his lure to the size of the local sandeels. Makes sense as this is what they eat a lot of the time.

Hope that gives you a few ideas.

Rhod.</font>

·
Registered
11 Posts
<font color='#000000'>This is probably no help at all,but i used to catch alot of sea trout using a A.B.U GOLDEN TOBY lure,they seem to like that one for some reason,mind you it was a long time ago in port stanley Falklands...1973........... &nbsp;
</font>

G

·
<font color='#000000'>Guy&#39;s don&#39;t forget &nbsp;you need an Environment Agency Rod licence to take seatrout and salmon with rod & Line within the UK 6 mile limits
Get caught taking them and you loose your gear ( Rods, Boat etc) if the EA Bailiffs get wind of it:cool:
</font>

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Key phrase there is "take". I work on the assumption that you don&#39;t need a rod licence if you&#39;re putting them back. Please somebody tell us if this is wrong.

Cheers,
Rhod.</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts