World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
At this time of year you could try mackerel strip on a running ledger (1/2oz) fished sink-and-draw. I'm just back from a good spot today...got 3. (2 - 3lbs) and as always lost the biggest (maybe 5). I want to protect the venue because all fish go back and it's a small catchment area...but anywhere with sand and a river nearby. You should try to get into about 4-8 ft with a shelf up to you. Be careful that you don't get into trouble with local rules and regs though. Later in the year try the same technique where you can wade out to the edge of kelp and fish into the sand (or mussel beds) beyond. It takes time and experience to find the best tide states, but generally from low tide in as long as it's flowing. If the crabs are active..the fish are too. Anywhere you will get sandeels you will get the Sea Trout.

Good luck and don't fish anything over 10lbs bs with a no.1 hook

·
Freeloader
6,663 Posts
was looking at a trip to womit my self or possibly balmerino tho i did go couple of weeks ago fished by the stream damn residents with their dog thats why i packed up and went dundee

must make mental note not to arrive at wormit too early as cannot fish into mud

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.