World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all fellow anglers i am just about to try sea angling once again ive done course carp etc but cannot seem to catch at sea im off to white beach this week and shell island at the weekend having blanked on every holiday for past 25 years on and off oh sorry there was one year i caught a weever and i was chuffed but it never got any better well there is a work collegue who says he can change this so fingers crossed it will but any body with any tips on either venue ie distance, bait, times etc i would be very grateful also my inlaws live about 2 miles from talacre so any good venues there i would be grateful to hear about.
Mike

·
Registered
91 Posts
i whent fishing in barmoth 3 weeks ago at the end of the road... right at the fair it is all shingal when the tide is in had 14 dog fish 11 flatties on mackerel strip & rag did most of my fishing on shell island got 4 bass up to 5lb lots of small flatties 2 ells and my first terbot all of 1lb 10oz i was using the 3 hook paternoster & a 4oz lead casting around 80 to 110 yards not on the inlet go to the far beach on the left try as close to the rocks as you can ...... 2hours befor high tide and 2 hour after very nice place to camp & fish been there 4 times this year hope that gives you some help ......................mr40rose

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mr40rose said:
i whent fishing in barmoth 3 weeks ago at the end of the road... right at the fair it is all shingal when the tide is in had 14 dog fish 11 flatties on mackerel strip & rag did most of my fishing on shell island got 4 bass up to 5lb lots of small flatties 2 ells and my first terbot all of 1lb 10oz i was using the 3 hook paternoster & a 4oz lead casting around 80 to 110 yards not on the inlet go to the far beach on the left try as close to the rocks as you can ...... 2hours befor high tide and 2 hour after very nice place to camp & fish been there 4 times this year hope that gives you some help ......................mr40rose
look forward to a catch thanks alot the info most welcome lets see if i can crack it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shaggy said:
hi virgin i mean mike welcome to the site.shaggy
nice to be welcomed to a site only joined yesterday and have relevant info great site lets hope my catch rate equals this cheers again................ ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Mike,

if you mean whitebeach on anglesey you can be almost certain to catch doggies on fish strip (mack, sandeels etc). I fish there regularly, personally I would walk over to caim rock bit further but worth it, much more compfatable to fish also you can fish all states of the tide however I find the higher tides more productive. Whitebeach can be very snaggy and difficult to fish on the higher tides. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts