World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Vic
Thanks mate, I had a feeling the water might make the road with the high tides and that hoolie. I suspect that drop to the beach just got a bit steeper.
Thanks again
Steve

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Know what you mean about that drop. A couple of years back I walked out onto the beach, at night without my headlight switched on (Tosser) and walked off the edge. It was like stepping off the edge of the world. It was about an eight foot drop but luckily sloping at the bottom, so the landing wasn't too hard. Twas a ba5tard trying to climb back up though.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Cheers vic, won't be driving along the seafront today

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Know what you mean about that drop. A couple of years back I walked out onto the beach, at night without my headlight switched on (Tosser) and walked off the edge. It was like stepping off the edge of the world. It was about an eight foot drop but luckily sloping at the bottom, so the landing wasn't too hard. Twas a ba5tard trying to climb back up though.
Brilliant Vic
Now .......Somebody should have done something about that !
Loving the videos, you might get some interesting ones in the summer..........thermal imaging.......long zoom lens..nudge nudge......wink wink.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
514 Posts
I drove up from the Martello Tower around 4 am gave up at the what used to be the Beachcomber,shingle all over the road.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Wow.............anybody want to start a ladder hire franchise over there? Thanks for the pictures TG
Stevo

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I'm never going to find that pebble now!

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
I'm never going to find that pebble now!
You couldn't find it Friday.........in ideal conditions.....brilliant Commander
Kirk in.............hysterics !

·
Registered
536 Posts
Had the same thing happen years ago,
We were fishing a night match at Seaford and after going in the 'Buckle Pub' (remember those days?) for a few jars before the off we walked along the beach towards tide mills.
My mate said he'd walked enough and was going to fish before tide mills, stepped of the edge of the shingle at the top only to find there was a '15ft drop' the other side.
His Tilly Lamp (remember those as well? - days before headlamps!) had thrown a shadow across from the top of the beach making the other side look solid, 'Crash' he went down smashing the lamp and tackle going all over the place :doh:
I was in hysterics but then thought i'd better check he was alright, thankfully he was!
He was so p'd off he collected the remnents of his tackle and went back to the pub !
So 'BEWARE' if fishing at night after a big storm.
Tight lines all :thumbs:
Don.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Slim to outside chance a may just get a couple of hours on the shingle/sand/whatevers left today......please please please please

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks an ideal place for a webcam
I'm looking at installing one soon, if I can get a decent quality one at a decent (low) price. Too many other things taking up my cash at the moment, so it might be a while.

The road out there is not good, shingle covering large parts of it. People still driving too fast and throwing up pebbles, could cause a nasty accident. Road was flooded by the railway bridge yesterday but seemed to drain pretty quickly.

Wondering how long it will take for the beach to normalise?

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
I'm looking at installing one soon, if I can get a decent quality one at a decent (low) price. Too many other things taking up my cash at the moment, so it might be a while.

The road out there is not good, shingle covering large parts of it. People still driving too fast and throwing up pebbles, could cause a nasty accident. Road was flooded by the railway bridge yesterday but seemed to drain pretty quickly.

Wondering how long it will take for the beach to normalise?
Vic
If you're serious mate, price it up and let us know, I'll put a few quid towards it. I could be the first subscriber to VIC TV
Regards
Stevo T

1 - 18 of 18 Posts