World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the sea is finally clearing out a bit decide to try and catch me a plaice today.
Set up at 8am just a little bit of movement to the sea overcast thought i had a chance.
Used 2 rods both at distance,rigs used 2 hook clipped down rig short snoods no bling,and dropper rigs long snoods with bling.
Had a little think about what bait to use decided as we had some big storms to try some razor clam,also had sand eel,fresh and frozen lug..
Two hours pass nothing no bites no bait robbing crabs,only excitement one blown reel,and a few swear words.
Thirty minutes later a little rattle produced a 25 cm place on the dropper rig with bling baited with lug.
Phew target achieved no blank,ten minutes pass nice pull down on the other rod sat on me hands for five minutes no further movement.
Lifted the rod felt nice definitely a decent fish on,no real fight thought maybe a big spider crab,last 20 yards the fish came to life.
Not a crab , keep tension on the line retrieve slowly last few yards having a bit of a fight now but safely landed a 39cm plaice.
Caught on a 2 hook clipped down rig short snoods baited with razor clam,blimey my hunch paid off for once.
After that baited up cast out with a loop rig because the fish had trashed other rig,been about twenty minutes since i cast the other rod time to reel in.
Felt like i had a small fish on compared to the plaice was easy to reel in,a small dab 24 cm had taken the razor clam on the dropper rig.
Was about 11:30 am now and it happened,yting ever chuck on both rigs gave it half an hour but within minutes yting hooked themselves.
Thought don't fancy another hour of yting so packed up before high tide saved me bait for tomorrow target achieved despite the nets of doom.
So today razor clam was the right bait,lug had a little plaice and a load of yting,sand eel nothing.
20140331_091317.jpg
20140331_101849.jpg
20140331_103736.jpg
20140331_110938.jpg

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Good report. Well done on getting target fish

·
Registered
454 Posts
oh........forgot to add...i have found razors to be a killer bait on beaches where they are found.......especially for bass on light gear.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Nicely done, if you don't mind sharing, roughly which end of the beach were you?

Cheers Francis

·
Registered
133 Posts
Where do you get the razors?
they sound like a good bait.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I've had some from the Seaford angler, albeit I've only used them as large bait looking for a bass, perhaps smaller is the way forward

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Nicely done TG
Great pictures and great job on the reel ! Glad to see some flats over there, was beginning to worry. I think you are right about the conditions being the best probably this year so far. If you see the nets of doom, a nice picture or two would be very helpful. Thanks for a great Seaford report.
Stevo T

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
As the sea is finally clearing out a bit decide to try and catch me a plaice today.
Set up at 8am just a little bit of movement to the sea overcast thought i had a chance.
Used 2 rods both at distance,rigs used 2 hook clipped down rig short snoods no bling,and dropper rigs long snoods with bling.
Had a little think about what bait to use decided as we had some big storms to try some razor clam,also had sand eel,fresh and frozen lug..
Two hours pass nothing no bites no bait robbing crabs,only excitement one blown reel,and a few swear words.
Thirty minutes later a little rattle produced a 25 cm place on the dropper rig with bling baited with lug.
Phew target achieved no blank,ten minutes pass nice pull down on the other rod sat on me hands for five minutes no further movement.
Lifted the rod felt nice definitely a decent fish on,no real fight thought maybe a big spider crab,last 20 yards the fish came to life.
Not a crab , keep tension on the line retrieve slowly last few yards having a bit of a fight now but safely landed a 39cm plaice.
Caught on a 2 hook clipped down rig short snoods baited with razor clam,blimey my hunch paid off for once.
After that baited up cast out with a loop rig because the fish had trashed other rig,been about twenty minutes since i cast the other rod time to reel in.
Felt like i had a small fish on compared to the plaice was easy to reel in,a small dab 24 cm had taken the razor clam on the dropper rig.
Was about 11:30 am now and it happened,yting ever chuck on both rigs gave it half an hour but within minutes yting hooked themselves.
Thought don't fancy another hour of yting so packed up before high tide saved me bait for tomorrow target achieved despite the nets of doom.
So today razor clam was the right bait,lug had a little plaice and a load of yting,sand eel nothing.
View attachment 199692
View attachment 199693
View attachment 199694
View attachment 199695
Like your type of fish measure where did you get it thanks Steve

·
Registered
467 Posts
Well done mate nice to see some Plaice there at last, regarding nets there were a few there midday on Monday but beyond casting distance even at low tide ( I think )

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nicely done TG
Great pictures and great job on the reel ! Glad to see some flats over there, was beginning to worry. I think you are right about the conditions being the best probably this year so far. If you see the nets of doom, a nice picture or two would be very helpful. Thanks for a great Seaford report.
Stevo T
Hi Steve tried to take a few snaps with me phone best i could do sorry.
20140401_082745.jpg
20140401_082800.jpg

·
Registered
4,455 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Ivan
Well done mate, sounds like its settling down at last at Seaford. Had some action myself at Brighton on Tuesday.
Hope to see you soon. Keep them tight.
Chris.
Hi Chris hope you are well,will be on the beach tomorrow with Andy if your about might be worth a session.
Got some bait from the den today no time to pump,we had a chat to a guy on Seaford beach today he had a nice plaice and flounder plus a small pup.
I am off home in a couple of weeks if we don't meet up before will see you sometime in June when i get back to blighty.
If you do make it over will be where we had 60 odd dabs together that day.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts