World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished last night at Seaford, almost opposite the Beachcomber, from 10pm to 1:15am. I was using mackerel fillets and fresh lug, on a pulley pennel with size 2/0 hooks.

I had one bit hit to mackerel fillet at around 11:45, but it wasn't hooked. At around 12:30 I had another big strike, this time I was quicker off the mark & managed to set the hook. I had reeled it in no more than 10 yards when it shook itself free & swam off, taking my bait with it. This is probably partly down to my inexperience.

Other than that it was a quiet night. On a positive note, there was no sign of any weed whatsoever.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I fished the buckle from 7pm till 1am had a couple of mackerel on feathers then nothing on rag or fillet for the whole night.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
fished last night at Seaford, almost opposite the Beachcomber, from 10pm to 1:15am. I was using mackerel fillets and fresh lug, on a pulley pennel with size 2/0 hooks.

I had one bit hit to mackerel fillet at around 11:45, but it wasn't hooked. At around 12:30 I had another big strike, this time I was quicker off the mark & managed to set the hook. I had reeled it in no more than 10 yards when it shook itself free & swam off, taking my bait with it. This is probably partly down to my inexperience.

Other than that it was a quiet night. On a positive note, there was no sign of any weed whatsoever.
Hello mate try daytime at the tidemills end with red rag and you should get mullet .FRANK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts