World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So..........3pm Thursday, walked the beach a bit, sat on a bench eating an ice cream looking at probably perfect Plaice conditions on a sunny afternoon. Flat ,clear and I would not have been surprised to see a shoal of mackerel ruffle the surface.
And.........3pm Friday, tackling up at low water in the rain with a blustery on shore breeze picking up !
The bit of beach is often visited by the Raymond family and although still a bit early FJMs little beauty last week made me think it was worth a punt.
So, long stick with an up and over rig fishing bluey and squid wraps on a 3/0 two hooker and the 2 hook flapper with bling that did the business at Hove on Tuesday with fresh Tackle Box lug,rag,sticky and the obligatory squid for tips. Couple of blueys and a fresh mackerel as well for a planned 9 hour session. FJM was inbound at 8pm for a few hours with me in the dark.
Now I could bore you but...........not a sniff,tickle,rattle or bite of any description as the breeze got stronger and the sea got a bit surfy. Dropped to a size 4 flapper rig to try and sniff out a late dab or …......anything.
FJM turned up as darkness drew near, a knock and that was the first real indication I had seen in 5 hours.
Just as the witching hour approached the big hook rig somehow found the boy scouts knotting section and that was going to take some serious sorting out. Rig change, size 2 x 3 hook flapper and punted it out long.
Instant attention and the blank breaking tiny ting swung in a few minutes later. Set up a single 3/0
rig on the other rod and fished black n squid head, bluey and squid head, mackerel flapper until midnight for absolutely nowt !
Another single tiny ting and although a raft of rattles and some good knocks, unbelievably, no hook ups. Took the squid tips off the worm baits as it sometimes works and was rewarded (?) with a double ting n colin shot. Another late tiny ting confirmed it was time to go home at midnight.
Good crack with FJM and thanks to Croftie for popping by for a chat, good to meet you mate.
So no fish pics today but some moody shots for you to get a flavour of the day and a picture of the same bit of beach a year or so ago. Wow it's changed, was shingle, now mainly coarse sand and perhaps that is part of the reason.
P1010071.jpg P1010072.jpg P1010073.jpg P1010075.jpg
Seaford300911 001.jpg as it was !!!!
Tight lines guys, counting the sleeps to next Friday !
Stevo T

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Good report Steve. Like the piccies. Visiting family put the friday night trip on hold for me. Not sure if I'll get out this weekend now. Mind you....... reading the reports so far, I don't think I've missed much!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Gonna have a crack at pevensey this evening.....with some trepidation after recent reports!

G

·
Smart snaps,no fish..no good,maybe next time,i`m gonna try a place called Pagham tonight,i think it`s still called Pagham but it`s changed so much i`m not sure any longer......Alan

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Cheers captain, great to fish with you for the first time of 2014, cant believe it has taken until the end of April, and fishing a quiet session is better than not fishimg at all, especially with company of the like minded. I will post up a brief report later....mid flat pack!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Always look forward to the Friday reports on Saturday. Shame about the lack of fish, but as said, a bad days fishing is better than a good days work.

Until next time

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good report Steve. Like the piccies. Visiting family put the friday night trip on hold for me. Not sure if I'll get out this weekend now. Mind you....... reading the reports so far, I don't think I've missed much!!!
Hi Paul
Both you and the Major. It was certainly tougher than I thought it would be, looked good Seaford conditions but.........nah !
Always next week and........if you can go fishing mate.......go fishing !
Stevo T

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Always look forward to the Friday reports on Saturday. Shame about the lack of fish, but as said, a bad days fishing is better than a good days work.

Until next time
Hi Singy
No such thing as a bad days fishing just some days fishing are more productive than others !
Nice one
Stevo T

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers captain, great to fish with you for the first time of 2014, cant believe it has taken until the end of April, and fishing a quiet session is better than not fishimg at all, especially with company of the like minded. I will post up a brief report later....mid flat pack!
Hi Commander
Good to hook up and wow, how time flies ! Look forward to your briefs report !
Cheers Mate
Stevo T

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Mein Kapitan, well done for keeping the blankerwolf at bay again, just.
I sure that in a couple of weeks the fishiing will kick off, if it does i may well abandon the desert that is Shorehorrorham and join you.

Nice pics by the way, not as good as Tuesday's tho :laugh:

Tony

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Hope you're right fnb, and please do take a trip over to the hallowed shingle.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She can indeed be a fickle old girl that one, thanks the report mate, wont be long before she gives up some worthy fish, loving the pics btw, what a difference
Hi Maximus
It is very different. Hoping to do a beach walk tomorrow evening. Looking for a patch of shingle to cast to !
Stevo T

1 - 13 of 13 Posts